Sometimes you just want to be the fun mama. But you don’t want to throw all caution to the wind and let the kids eat a massive load of junk. You just want something small and a little bit sweet. Mini personalized fruit pizzas meet all the criteria of not being obnoxiously unhealthy yet sweet and fun to make. #momwin
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here! Get packs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9!**
Take your cream cheese out of the fridge before you start making the cookies. I like to remove it from the box as well. I think it softens faster this way. There is no scientific evidence to prove this but, as a creature of habit, this is what I do.
Use a cookie scoop, evenly divide the cookie dough then place it on your sheet pan leaving at least 2 inches in between for the cookies to spread. If you don’t leave enough room, you can always make one giant fruit pizza. Large family mamas know how to adjust on the fly. Yes and amen. Make sure to divide the dough so you can have one cookie per child.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are brown. Take out the oven and set aside to cool. The cookies need to be completely cool before adding the creamy topping or it will melt right off. Don’t ask me how I know this fun fact.
While the cookies are cooling, mix the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Your stand mixer or a hand mixer will do this really fast and really well. You could also let several children have a turn mixing it. While this is happening, prepare the fruit by washing, drying and slicing it for little hands.
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on all the cookies. Decorate with the fruit as desired. A fun way to do this is to put a dollop on each cookie. Let the kids spread it out and place the fruit in bowls on the table for them.Print
These fun and easy fruit pizzas will be a hit for any dessert!
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fruit for decorating (kiwis, strawberries, bananas work great but use whatever needs to be used up)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a cookie scoop, divide the cookie dough evenly
- Space on cookie sheet or your sheet pan spacing at least 2 inches apart
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before decorating
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth
- Prepare the fruit for decorating. Make sure to wash, dry, and slice the fruit if necessary
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over sugar cookies
- Decorate with fruit as desired
- Refrigerate until serving or eat immediately.
If you have any self control, you can refrigerate until serving. I have no idea how long they last in the fridge because we eat them immediately. Have you ever told a young child they can’t eat a cookie they just decorated? Me either. Cook, decorate, eat is our mantra. After all, we are trying to get fun mom points here.