Garlic is a staple in my house. I add it to anything I can where it accentuates the flavor. I mean garlic in sheet pan pancakes would be weird. However, garlic in garlicky green beans and tomatoes tastes phenomenal. This is a great side dish that would pair well with any meat. The second best part about this recipe is how easy it is to throw together.
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Cover your sheet pan with aluminum foil. This makes clean up easier. Don’t have aluminum foil, use parchment paper or don’t worry about it. Place green beans on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Add garlic and seasonings then toss to coat. Place in preheated 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Why are green beans called green beans?
Green beans are also called string beans due to the fibrous string that runs along the seam of the bean. Some people call them snap beans due to the snapping sound they make when you break off the ends for cooking, That sound is due to the string as well. Mostly, they are called green beans because they are green and a bean. Sounds reasonable to me.
Remove green beans from oven. Carefully toss with tomatoes. Return to oven and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until green beans are desired tenderness. Of course, the longer they cooking time then the more tender the green bean. Serve immediately.
Is tomato a vegetable or a fruit?
Well, for garlicky green beans and tomatoes, we are going to call it a vegetable. The official answer is both. A tomatoes is a fruit that is considered a vegetable by nutritionists. Botanically, a fruit is a ripened flower ovary and contains seeds which describes a tomato. Now you know the answer to that age old question.Print
The garlicky green beans and tomatoes is a fragrant and delicious addition to any meal.
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover your sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Place green beans on sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Add garlic and seasonings and toss to coat.
- Bake green beans for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully toss with tomatoes.
- Return to oven to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until green beans reach desired tenderness.
Keywords: green beans, tomatoes, garlic
This Garlicky Green Beans and Tomatoes Recipe was featured in Large Family Meal Plan #1. You can find more large family meal plans here.
What pairs well with garlicky green beans and tomatoes?
- Large Family Low Carb Chicken Spaghetti
- Low Carb Ground Beef Casserole
- Low Carb Marinara Parmesan Chicken
- Instant Pot Country Ribs
- Turkey Meatloaf In The Crockpot
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Try out these freezer friendly meal packs!
You need this huge large family freezer meals collection because you have a lot of people to feed every. single. day. They always seem to want breakfast, lunch, and dinner (don’t forget the snacks!) and they always look to you for all this food.