Get the Best-Selling Large Family Freezer Meals Collection here! Use promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order!
Wonder what it’s like to make pancakes for a large family? My family loves pancakes but this mama can’t always stand at the stove or griddle for hours cooking them up. So I came up with this tasty, frugal, and fast alternative. You will get lots of sheet pan pancakes for eating and freezing. Regardless of the size of your family, you will love making these to have on hand.
We are all about keeping it real here at Large Family Table so I admit from the beginning that I am out of granulated sugar. Fun fact: you can sub powdered sugar cup for cup for granulated sugar. Powdered sugar is just granulated sugar pulsed more finely. Don’t fret when you don’t have an item. There is almost always a substitute on hand. You could even add stevia or another sweetener of your choosing.
Add the 12 cups of flour to your bowl. You could also use pancake mix or Bisquick if you would prefer. We like to use what we have on hand. Don’t overthink it. They’re sheet pan pancakes after all.
Add in the baking powder or salt. Crack the eggs then add the milk. You could add your add ins at this point if you like. Use your hand mixer to blend thoroughly. Can’t find your hand mixer beaters? Use your immersion blender instead. Cover your sheet pans with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Divide batter between your sheet pans. You can make 2 full sheet and a half sheet out of one mix or 6 half sheets.
Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Some mamas rotate the pans from top to bottom after 10 mins. so everything is done at once. Alternately, you can take the top sheet pan out after 20 mins and move the bottom one up for another 10 mins. Either way works equally well for making your sheet pan pancakes awesome!
Want more recipes for those amazing sheet pans?
And there are also the follow sheet pan recipes:
Lemon Pepper Drumsticks with Roasted Brussel Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Here’s my growing list of large family sheet pan recipes here on Large Family Table – woot!
MY LARGE SHEET PANS
IF YOU’RE interested here is my Amazon affiliate link for my large sheet pans that I use for sheet pan meals!Print
Make delicious, fluffy pancakes in your sheet pan to save time and money!
- 12 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 2 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 eggs
- 12 cups milk
- 4 cups additional add ins like chocolate chips, blueberries, bananas, etc
- parchment paper or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425
- Measure flour, baking powder and salt into large mixing bowl. Mix to blend.
- Crack in eggs.
- Add milk.
- Use your hand mixer or immersion blender to blend thoroughly.
- You can add your additional items to the batter now if desired or to the individual sheet pans. If not adding in items then add 2 more cups of flour and remix with hand mixer/immersion blender.
- Cut parchment paper to fit your pans or spray them with cooking oil so they don’t stick.
- Separate batter between 2 full size sheet pans and 1 half sheet aka regular size or into 6 half sheets.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Either rotate bottom pan to top after 10 minutes or take top sheet pan out and move to bottom one up a rack. Then cook for additional 10 mins.
- Serving Size: 24
Keywords: sheet pan pancakes
We hope your family loves these homemade sheet pan pancakes as much as our family does! Best part is that mama doesn’t have to stand around for hours before she gets to eat! Watch us whip them up over on the vlog to see firsthand how easy they are!