Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole
Do you want to make a quick, fulfilling meal that your family can enjoy? If so, try this Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole. It is a freezer-friendly meal that you can make ahead of time and freeze until you are ready to serve it. Making the meal is easy. You will only need a handful of ingredients to get it started.
If you enjoy pasta and sauce, this recipe will satisfy your tastebuds and leave you wanting more. Serve it for dinner or bring it with you to a potluck for guests to enjoy!
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
The Ingredients Needed to Make the Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole
When preparing the Freezer-Friendly Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole, it is important to have the following ingredients:
- Ziti Pasta. Grab two boxes of ziti. You can use any brand for this recipe.
- Chicken. Cook your chicken in advance and shred it or chop it into pieces. I have lots more large family chicken recipes so be sure to check them out.
- Marinara Sauce. Use two 28 oz. jars of marinara sauce to cover your chicken and pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over your ingredients for added flavor.
- Mozzarella Cheese. As a finishing touch, use four cups of mozzarella cheese to make this casserole even cheesier.
If you have these simple ingredients, you can make the Baked Ziti Casserole in no time.
Can I Add Other Ingredients to the Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole?
You can add a few other ingredients to the Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole. If you want to sneak some vegetables into the dish to get your children to eat healthier, you can chop up some roasted broccoli or carrots and add them to the casserole dish with your chicken, pasta, and marinara sauce.
What to Serve With the Casserole
Serve the Freezer-Friendly Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole with a spring salad and homemade bread with garlic. You can purchase frozen garlic bread or prepare your own bread at home using this French bread recipe, butter, minced garlic, and parsley flakes.
How to Make-Ahead and Freeze the Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole
If you would like to make the Ziti in advance, you can assemble the make-ahead casserole, then wrap it with aluminum foil and again with plastic wrap. After that, place it in the freezer and store it for up to three months. Be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating it and serving it to your family.
If you have leftovers for lunch, cover your Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole tightly with aluminum foil and put it in the fridge for up to three days.
Here are More Large Family Casseroles Your Family Will Enjoy!
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Spinach and Cheese Strata
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Sausage and Pepperoni Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
Big Family Freezer-Friendly Chicken Baked Ziti CasserolePrint
Prepare a simple meal that your family will love with this Big Family Freezer-Friendly Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole.
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes ziti, cooked according to package directions
- 6 cups subbed or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 (28 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Tip: Italian cheese blend can also be used as a substitute for the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauce, cooked ziti, Parmesan cheese, and chicken. Transfer to the two casserole dishes, dividing evenly, and top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the cheese has melted.
How to freeze: After assembling, cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. If using glass baking dishes, place them on the counter as the oven preheats. Remove the aluminum foil. Follow the above instructions to bake.
Keywords: Big Family Freezer-Friendly Chicken Baked Ziti Casserole
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.