Prepare the perfect dish to have for breakfast or lunch with this Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata. Not only does it taste good, but it is also the best way to get your children to eat plenty of spinach!
If you are running out of large family meals to make for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even breakfast for dinner, try this Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata that your family is sure to love. The strata consist of French bread with eggs, cheese, and spinach to create a dish that will leave you satisfied while providing a source of protein, iron, and essential nutrients. Preparing the dish is simple, and it makes plenty of servings, providing you and your loved ones with more than enough to go around. You can even make some to eat now and some to freeze and include it on your meal plan for another week.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
The Ingredients You Will Need to Make the Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata
You will need several ingredients to prepare the Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata, such as:
- Chopped Spinach. Use frozen chopped spinach to prepare this meal. You should thaw it out and squeeze it dry to remove any excess water from the spinach before using it.
- Unsalted Butter. The butter melts perfectly with the other ingredients to enhance the taste of the dish.
- Cubed French Bread. Grab two loaves of French bread and chop it into cube-like pieces.
- Italian Cheese Blend. Use the Italian cheese blend to give this meal the perfect cheesy taste that will go great with both the bread and the spinach.
- Eggs. Use 18 large eggs to make a dish that is large enough to serve your family.
You will need a few additional ingredients, including chopped onion, salt, pepper, ground nutmeg, milk, and dijon mustard. If you have all the ingredients, you can start preparing this tasty Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata.
How to make-ahead and Freeze the Spinach and Cheese Strata
After preparing the Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata, you can store it in your refrigerator or freezer.
FREEZER MEAL STORAGE DIRECTIONS
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with recipe name and date.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with a layer of plastic wrap on top of the foil.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
- It’s best to thaw in the fridge for 24 hours. Just pop it out of the freezer and into the fridge the night before. Having a meal plan in place will make this effortless.
- Remove the Saran Wrap and one layer of foil.
When ready to bake: Remove the casseroles from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If you would rather leave it in the fridge because you plan on eating it within a few days, you can leave it in the baking dish, cover it tightly with aluminum foil, and store it for up to four days.
What to Add to the Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata
The Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata is excellent just the way it is, but you can add more to it if you want to. Some people like to add chopped pieces of ham or crumbled bacon pieces to their strata. Both ham and bacon taste (here’s how to cook bacon in the oven and don’t miss how to cook air fryer bacon, too!) great with the spinach, cheese, and French bread. You can also use your favorite cheese blend when preparing this dish.
While the large family recipe calls for the Italian cheese blend, you can use Gruyere cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, or any other cheeses that you genuinely like. It is also possible to add more vegetables to the dish, including chopped green peppers and onions, both of which go great with the spinach, eggs, and cheese.
Here are more Breakfast meals your family will enjoy!
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Sandwiches
- Large Family Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- INSTANT POT SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
- Apple French Toast Casserole
- don’t miss these helpful strategies to feed a large family!
Large Family Spinach and Cheese StrataPrint
Prepare the perfect dish to have for brunch with this Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata. Not only does it taste good, but it is also the best way to get your children to eat plenty of spinach!
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 loaves (16 cups) cubed French bread
- 4 cups Italian cheese blend
- 5 ½ cups milk
- 18 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onions in butter, cooking until the onions are transparent and stirring as needed.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, and nutmeg and cook for an additional minute. Add the spinach, mixing until evenly distributed.
In a large bowl, toss together the bread and spinach mixture. Divide the combination between the two casserole dishes. Sprinkle two cups of cheese blend over each casserole dish.
Whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard, and remaining salt and pepper. Divide evenly between the two 9×13 greased casserole dishes, pouring over the top over the cheese.
Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight or wrap well and freeze.
When ready to bake: If frozen, thaw the strata in the refrigerator. Remove the casseroles from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Large Family Spinach and Cheese Strata
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.