Want to make the perfect soup for your large family loved ones? Try this impressive Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker, far better than any canned soup you have ever tasted. Filling, healthy soups are a great way to feed a large family!
When preparing a flavorful soup with fresh ingredients is something you would prefer to do, this Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker is a great option. You will use some of the tastiest ingredients to create a soup that your family can enjoy for lunch or dinner while still saving time using the slow cooker.
Not only does the soup keep you warm, but it is also good for you because of the healthy ingredients added to it, including the potatoes, carrots, diced tomatoes, and assorted beans. Serve it fresh to your family or store it and reheat it later when you have a craving for this tasty homemade minestrone soup.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
The Ingredients to Make Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker
As you prepare to make the Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker, head out to the grocery store to grab these essential ingredients to use:
- Beef Broth. Use the beef broth as the base for this flavorful soup. You can choose any brand of beef broth that you would like to use.
- Medium Potatoes. Peel your potatoes and dice them into pieces before adding them into your slow cooker.
- Chopped Celery. The chopped celery brings more flavor to the soup and is naturally good for you.
- Diced Tomatoes. The diced tomatoes’ acidity goes excellent with the other ingredients used to prepare this healthy and hearty meal.
- Kidney Beans. The kidney beans are just one type of beans that you will add to the slow cooker to make the soup.
While there are a few essentials, you will also need several other ingredients to make the soup, including tomato juice, water, onion, carrots, garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, cannellini beans, cut green beans, zucchini, cabbage, and ditalini pasta. It would help if you also had parmesan cheese to use as a garnish on top of your soup.
How to Freeze or Store the Minestrone Soup
After you make your Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker, please wait for it to cool down a bit before pouring it into a food storage container to keep as leftovers. It will not matter if you use a glass or plastic food storage container. However, it would help if you used a container that comes with a lid that fits tightly on top. You can keep the soup in your fridge for up to five days.
If you want to make large batches of the soup to freeze for later, place all ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini, cabbage, and pasta in an airtight container. See the full recipe below for details. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and then cook as directed.
What to Eat With the Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker
You do not need to add anything extra to the Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker, but you can if you would like to. French bread is great to serve with the soup on the side. You can dip it into your minestrone soup to make the bread a bit softer.
Besides dipping the bread into the soup, you may also want to add some of your favorite croutons to the soup. As the croutons soak in the broth, they will become softer while adding extra flavor to the minestrone soup. You can serve the soup with a side salad or even eat it as an appetizer before having a larger meal.
Here are more soups your family will enjoy!
- Quinoa Tortellini Sausage Soup
- Homemade Potato Soup
- Easy Homemade Family Chili Recipe
- Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Low Carb Bacon Chicken Stew
- Here are more Soup Recipes to try and Bread to go with your soup.
Do you have more slow cooker recipes?
Are you looking for more slow cooker recipes after enjoying this Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup? Slow cooker meals are so easy. Most of them are dump-and-go recipes that you spend ten minutes preparing and a few hours later dinners ready. Yay for convenience! You’ll find lots more easy slow cooker meals in my Large Family Slow Cooker Dinners and Meal Plans Vol 1, 2, 3 Bundle. It includes 60 meals and 12 weeks of meal plans!
Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow CookerPrint
Want to make the perfect soup for your loved ones? Try this impressive Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker, far better than any canned soup you have ever tasted.
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, miced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cut green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and then sliced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (LEAVE THIS OUT FOR DAIRY-FREE!)
Place everything EXCEPT the zucchini, cabbage, and pasta in the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Stir in the cabbage, zucchini, and pasta, switching the slow cooker to high and continuing to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
Discard the bay leaves before serving. If desired, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
To freeze, place all ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini, cabbage, and pasta in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and then cook as directed.
*Note that the Nutritional ingredient label has included the optional cheese garnish in the nutrition facts.
Keywords: Large Family Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker
This tasty soup is easy to make and super filling for those cold winter nights. Your family will enjoy hot bowls of this soup with French bread, and don’t forget dessert! Add this recipe to your next meal plan.
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.