You’re eating low carb so you’re freezer muffin stash is not going to cut it for breakfast. You still want and need to eat breakfast or your day will go south fast. The best parts of this low carb spinach, mushroom, & ham quiche is that it whips up fast and is freezer friendly. It’s not as portable as chocolate chip banana muffins but it fits the bill for a hearty, low carb breakfast.
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Melt butter in your large skillet. While the butter melts, spritz a 9 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Throw mushrooms and onions into the skillet and cook until tender about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in ham and spinach to cook through. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
In your large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cheese together. You can add the salt and pepper here or wait until before it goes into the oven. Pour the egg mixture over the mixture in the baking dish. Gently move the vegetables and ham to make the egg mixture even. You aren’t mixing it together. Rather moving it here and there to get the mixture even. If you mix it, you end up with scrambled eggs not quiche. We don’t want that so be careful.
Place in oven for 45 minutes or until the eggs are completely set. If you wiggle the pan and any part moves then it’s not set yet. Keep cooking or risk salmonella. I know we’re trying to lose weight but let’s not risk it. Trust me, salmonella is no bueno.
What is the difference between quiche and frittata?
Quiche is like an egg custard cooked completely in the oven. Frittata is more like a thick omelet that is cooked mainly on the stove then placed under the broiler briefly to brown the top. This recipe qualifies as a quiche with the lack of a crust making it low carb.Print
When you need a hearty albeit low carb breakfast, this spinach, mushroom, & ham quiche will fit the bill.
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spritz a 9 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ham and spinach to skillet and heat through.
- Transfer mixture into baking dish.
- In your large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cheese together.
- Pour eggs over mixture in baking dish. Gently move ham and vegetables until eggs are evenly distributed. Pat quiche flat if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- Allow quiche to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: ham, spinach, mushroom, breakfast, low carb
Once the egg is set, pull out of the oven. Allow your low carb spinach, mushroom, & ham quiche to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. I like to eat mine with sliced tomatoes on the side for a fresh, hearty breakfast. You won’t even miss the carbs.