What is not to love about this recipe? It has chocolate, chocolate chips, and bananas. Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are as close as one can get to legitimately eating dessert for breakfast. You can make multiple batches to freeze some for later. Make sure you announce the freezer ones are off limits for eating or none will make it. Trust me on this one.
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Although there seems to be a boatload of ingredients, this recipe is relatively simple to make. Gather all your ingredients in one spot. Combine your dry ingredients in one mixing bowl and your wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix together just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips . It really doesn’t get any easier.
Put cupcake liners in your 12 cup muffin pan and fill with batter. Add additional chocolate chips if you desire. They are really good regardless of whether you put more chocolate chips on or not. Additional chocolate is never a bad thing, right? Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Here’s the hard part. Leave in cupcake tin for an additional 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.Print
These muffins are so delicious you will be ecstatic to find them in your freezer stash. That is, if they aren’t all consumed first.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips, plus additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes. Allow to rest in muffin tin for 5 mins before removing to cooling rack.
Want to make these dairy free? Use milk substitute and dairy free chocolate chips ( Enjoy Life makes them)
Keywords: breakfast, muffins
Were you able to wait the 5 minutes? Sometimes I can and sometimes, well, it’s just too much to wait. Go ahead and pass out the first batch for immediate consumption. Then you can start on feeding your freezer. Freeze in family size portions. To reheat, pop in microwave for a minute or two. Revel in everyone’s love and admiration for serving dessert for breakfast.