Are you looking for a fun breakfast recipe for kids? Are you learning or reading about lions? Maybe you just want to be the fun mom. You don’t really need a reason to make lion face pancakes. Pancakes are almost as popular as muffins for breakfast here in the Stewart household.
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and combine well. There will be small lumps. Leave them alone. You don’t want to overwork the batter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
While the batter is resting, heat your griddle to 300 degrees. Spray griddle with non stick spray or melt additional butter. Personally, I melt butter but do what works for your family.
Pour 1 cup batter on the griddle for each lion face. Once the bubbles begin to break, flip pancake over and let cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Place one pancake on each plate for lion’s face. Place 2 chocolate morsels on lion face pancake to make the eyes.Print
Take learning about lions to a whole new level with this fun breakfast for kids, lion face pancakes!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted but cooled slightly
- whipped topping
- clementine oranges, peeled and separated (2 for each lion)
- chocolate licorice strips ( 1 for each lion, cut into 3 equal pieces and cut in half lengthwise)
- strawberry (1/2 for each lion)
- chocolate chip morsels or raisins ( 2 for each lion)
- mini chocolate chip morsels (6 for each lion, optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients : flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Slowly add butter.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well and stir the batter until combined. There may be small lumps.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat griddle to 300 degrees. Spritz with non stick cooking spray or melt additional butter prior to adding batter.
- For each lion, pour 1 cup batter on griddle.
- When bubbles begin to break, flip pancake and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place pancake on plate and arrange clementine slices around outer edge to represent the mane.
- Put 2 chocolate chips for eyes.
- When ready to serve, use whipped topping as base for whiskers.
- In the middle of the topping, position a strawberry as a nose.
- On each side of strawberry, place 3 licorice strips and mini chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: kids cooking, breakfast, pancakes
Surround the pancake with clementine slices to make the mane. Once you are ready to serve your lion face pancakes to everyone, use the whipped cream to make a base for the whiskers. Place a strawberry half to make the nose. On each side of the strawberry, place 3 licorice strips as well as some chocolate morsels. Serve immediately.
Watch my sheet pan breakfast videos for some easy ideas!
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!