Savor the taste of your favorite fajita in a pasta dish when making the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole. It has the perfect blend of chicken, cheese, pasta, and more, making it the ideal easy oven dinner for the entire family.
Have you been craving fajitas? If you want to make a dish that tastes just like your favorite fajitas but is much less messy, then prepare the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole. The flavorful and straightforward dish consists of chicken with black beans, an assortment of cheese, and rotini pasta. It is the perfect meal to make for a large family because it provides plenty of servings and is incredibly filling. Serve it for lunch or dinner, and you can expect to see smiling faces as your loved ones dig into this delicious meal.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
The Ingredients You Will Need to Make the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
If you want to make the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole as one of your large family recipe ideas, you should gather the following ingredients:
- Boneless Chicken Breast. Purchase boneless chicken breast without the skin to prepare this fajita pasta casserole. Try making chicken in the instant pot and use the meat.
- Green Bell Peppers. Remove the seeds and dice those green bell peppers down into small pieces for the pasta casserole.
- Cream Cheese. Add cream cheese to the dish to make it cheesier and give it more flavor.
- Rotini Pasta. Although you can choose any pasta that you have available to use, rotini is an excellent pasta use for this casserole.
- Taco Seasoning. Do not forget to add taco seasoning to the dish to give it that fajita-style taste.
- Fiesta Blend Cheese. Just like the cream cheese, adding the fiesta blend cheese brings flavor to the casserole.
If you have these ingredients and a few others, such as olive oil, diced onion, black beans, and freshly chopped cilantro, you will have just what you need to start making the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole.
Ways to Freeze and Store the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
Keep the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole fresh by storing it properly. If you are holding it for three days or less, place a sheet of foil on top of your casserole dish and keep the meal in the fridge until you are ready to reheat it.
You can reheat it by placing it back in the oven for a few minutes. On the other hand, you may want to store the meal for longer than a few days. If you want to keep it for up to four months, put the casserole into a food storage container, and freeze it. You may need a large container to have enough space for the casserole because it is large enough to feed a big family.
Variations of the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
You can make several variations of the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole. If you do not have rotini pasta, you can use elbow macaroni or any other pasta type you would prefer to use. While the recipe calls for a fiesta blend of cheese, you can use any of your favorite cheese blends, including a mix of Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar. You can add additional ingredients to the casserole, such as corn, diced tomatoes, and roasted red peppers.
Classic Casserole Dinners & Freezer Meals
This large family meals recipe is included in the new Classic Casserole Dinners & Freezer Meals ~ Cookbook One ~ One for Now, One for Later!
Here are more big family casseroles your family will enjoy!
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Healthy Beefy Green Bean Casserole
- Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Bake Millionaire Spaghetti Casserole
- Amazing Enchilada Casserole
- Here are more Casseroles that Freeze Well
Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta CasserolePrint
Savor the taste of your favorite fajita in a pasta dish when making the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole. It has the perfect blend of chicken, cheese, pasta, and more, making it the ideal dish for the entire family.
- 10 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onion, diced
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes rotini pasta
- 4 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese, divided
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two (9×13) casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Fill a large stock pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain well.
In a large (12 inch) skillet over medium heat, add the oil and the onions and green peppers. Cook until crisp-tender. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the salsa.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add the taco seasoning, 1 cup of cheese, chicken, and black beans. Add the sauce and noodles. Stir to combine.
Divide between casserole dishes. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the edges are bubbling.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Keywords: Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
Try this casserole and make enough for today and some to put in the freezer. This casserole holds up well in the freezer! Here are many more ideas on how to feed a large family.
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.