Make a wholesome large family meal for the family with this Large Family Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner recipe. The meal is simple, delicious, and good for you.
When you want to have a home-cooked meal that will not take you too long to make, this Large Family Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner is a great choice. It combines the flavor of a savory meatloaf with fresh broccoli and potatoes to create a healthy meal that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. You can also make this dish dairy-free by substituting regular milk with something dairy-free like almond milk, oat milk, or a milk substitute of your choice. With the right ingredients and a bit of your time, you can prepare this easy meal and allow it to bake together in the oven until cooked to perfect for serving.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner
When you want to make the Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner, these are the ingredients you should have to get started:
- Lean Ground Beef. Use at least four pounds of lean ground beef when preparing your meatloaf for this recipe.
- Eggs. Lightly beat the eggs before mixing them in with your ground beef to keep it moist.
- Onion. Finely chop the onion into small pieces before using it to add flavor to your beef.
- Ketchup. The ketchup works perfectly to add a slight sweetness to the meat while keeping it moist.
- Brown Sugar. Use brown sugar or more sweetness on your meatloaf.
- Olive Oil. Add olive oil to your potatoes and broccoli before seasoning them and adding them to the baking sheet.
- Garlic Powder. Use garlic powder to season the vegetables and give them an even better taste.
- Baby Golden Potatoes. Add baby golden potatoes to your sheet pan with the meatloaf because they fit perfectly and taste great.
- Broccoli Florets. Use a frozen package of broccoli florets for this recipe.
You will also need tomato sauce, quick-cooking oats, milk, salt, prepared mustard, and pepper to complete this recipe. Be sure to add this tasty recipe to your large family menu!
How to Save and Store the Sheet Pan Dinner
Separate the vegetables from the sheet pan dinner before adding any leftovers to containers. You can store the meatloaf in one food storage container and the broccoli and potatoes in another food storage container. Leave the containers in the fridge for as long as three days.
Different Variations of the Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner
It is possible to make several variations of the Large Family Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner. You can add different seasonings to this recipe to change it up, such as rosemary, dried thyme, and even red chili flakes, to make them a bit spicy. If you do not have broccoli or do not like it, you can substitute it for cauliflower, asparagus, or fresh green beans. You can also use different varieties of potatoes.
I also have lots of other Meatloaf recipes. I have Turkey Meatloaf in the slow cooker, if you are low carb then try my low carb meatloaf made with pork rinds. I have a BBQ Meatloaf if you want a bit of BBQ flavor, and Mini Meatloaves if you want something for small hands.
Here are more large family recipes your family will enjoy!
- Instant Pot Ranch Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Bake Millionaire Spaghetti Casserole
- Amazing Enchilada Casserole
Large Family Meatloaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan DinnerPrint
Make a wholesome meal for the family with this Large Family Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner recipe. The meal is simple, delicious, and good for you.
For the meatloaf:
- 4 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup milk (use milk-substitute for dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
For the vegetables:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- Salt, as desired
- 2 (3 pound) bags baby golden potatoes, halved
- 1 (24 ounce) package broccoli florets
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare 2 rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
In a very large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, tomato sauce, oats, onion, and salt; mix completely.
Shape into 12 to 15 small loaves, depending on the desired size. Place the meat loaves on the prepared sheet pans, spacing evenly and leaving room for the vegetables to be added.
Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Salt as desired. Add the potatoes to the pan around the meat loaves. Bake for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard and set aside.
Also, prepare the broccoli by drizzling with the remaining oil and tossing with the garlic powder and pepper. Season with salt as desired. Set aside.
When the meat loaves and potatoes have cooked, add the broccoli to the sheet pan. Brush the meat with the glaze, return the sheet pan to the oven, and bake about 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the meat loaves reads 160 degrees and the vegetables are tender. Allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Large Family Meat Loaf, Potatoes, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner