Lately, I have been making a lot of recipes in the Instant Pot. At the end of the day, the Instant Pot saves a lot of time, energy, and effort. Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken is so good that my family will ask for it every single week. I oblige because chicken is easy to make and we love Mandarin Chicken around here.
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken
When it comes to making food in your Instant Pot, you just really need to pay attention to the directions. The instructions for any recipe will help you tremendously. You can enjoy this chicken over rice or noodles, whatever you decide. One thing is for sure, you will save your family a lot of money by making this at home for your family.
Ingredients for Mandarin Chicken
You may be wondering what goes into this recipe. Well, that is simple! Each and every ingredient is carefully thought out, so this simply becomes the best recipe possible. Let me walk you through these ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – When I say that this is the best chicken to cook with, I mean it. You won’t believe how soft and tender this chicken can be when cooked the right way.
- Chicken stock or water – Because this recipe is so versatile, you will love using chicken stock or water in this recipe. It’s important for an Instant Pot to have liquid in it while cooking.
- Liquid aminos – If you can think of a healthier version of soy sauce, grab liquid aminos to have in your next dish!
- Cornstarch – This ingredient just helps to make sure everything is nice and thick in this chicken dish.
- Jar of mandarin oranges – Keep in mind that this chicken gets the flavor from the Mandarin oranges. Make sure you add this ingredient because it’s one of the most important.
- Sugar snap peas – These are one of my favorites to pick up at the store for veggie munching. They go great in this oriental dish, too!
Slow Cooker Option
For those of you who don’t want to use an Instant Pot or choose not to use an Instant Pot, there is a slow cooker option. I know many of you get excited about this option. Here is how to make it in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken breast.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown the chicken in batches. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Mix together the garlic, brown sugar, liquid aminos, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prior to serving, stir in the sugar snap peas and allow the peas to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the mandarin oranges before serving.
And there you have it, the slow cooker option is always great for when you want or need to cook the dish longer. Do you like using the slow cooker option?
The next time you don’t know what to make for dinner, give this Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken recipe a try. It’s about to become a family favorite!
Here are more Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Spinach and Mushroom Chicken Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie
- Beef & Potato Slow Cooker Dinner
Instant Pot Mandarin ChickenPrint
Let’s talk about this simple Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken recipe. Not only does it taste good, but it is so easy to make!
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (or less, according to taste)
- ½ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (23.5 ounce) jar mandarin oranges in 100% juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package sugar snap peas
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
Using the saute mode, heat the electric pressure cooker until “hot.” Add the olive oil and chicken in batches, browning the chicken on all sides. Deglaze the bottom of the pot by adding the chicken broth or water and scraping with a flat wooden spoon. Cancel the saute mode.
Add the chicken back to the electric pressure cooker. Mix together the garlic, brown sugar, liquid aminos, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 6 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cook cycle is complete.
To the chicken, toss in the sugar snap peas. Place the lid back on the pressure cooker for 3 to 5 minutes or until the peas are crisp tender.
Stir in the mandarin oranges and serve.
For the slow cooker:
Season the chicken breast.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown the chicken in batches. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
Mix together the garlic, brown sugar, liquid aminos, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Prior to serving, stir in the sugar snap peas and allow the peas to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Stir in the mandarin oranges before serving.
Keywords: Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken
This recipe is packed full of tasty goodness that your family will really enjoy! I love that its all one pot and cooks up fast in the Instant Pot.
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!