Are you ready to change things up in your kitchen? If so, this Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta is just the recipe that you need to make! Using the Instant Pot, you can have a quick dinner on the table in no time. Gone are the days in which you have to spend hours in the kitchen cooking for your big family. You can even sit down and enjoy this meal with your family.
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta
When it comes to cooking, the hardest part is deciding what you want to make for dinner! I make the same thing a lot of times, but every once in a while, you may want to switch things up! This Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta is big enough to feed a large family and yummy enough for them to ask for it again and again!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Greek Chicken Pasta
Here comes the fun part, the ingredients to this dish. All ingredients in a dish are super important, which is why I enjoy talking about what I choose to add to these dishes. It’s nice to get a rundown of what’s in each recipe as well.
- Penne pasta – Can I just tell you that I LOVE making dishes with Penne Pasta? I can always buy it on sale and it can help make some awesome large family table dishes.
- Skinless chicken breasts – If you can buy the chicken on sale, go for it! Chicken is freezable and very budget-friendly.
- Pitted Kalamata olives – A unique ingredient in this dish are these Pitted Kalamata olives. You won’t believe the flavor the olives add to this dish.
- Cucumbers – You may think that sounds weird in a pasta dish, but these cucumbers help make this dish what it is.
- Chicken broth – To help ensure you’re putting nutrients in this dish, don’t forget the chicken broth or make your own! There are so many good nutrients in chicken broth.
Instant Pot Greek Chicken Pasta has several ingredients and these are only a few. Make sure you check out the recipe card for more ingredients and directions.
Slow Cooker Options
Any good dish is a versatile dish, which is what makes this Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta so good. To cook this in a slow cooker is easy! I’ll show you how to make your life that much easier by putting it in a slow cooker or crockpot.
- Season the chicken breast.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown the chicken in batches. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add the pasta, garlic, remaining seasonings, and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients before serving.
At the end of the day, you can enjoy this meal and not have to put a lot of effort into it.
When you want something new to make for your large family, give this meal a try. Even your pickiest eaters will be curious as to why everyone else is eating it so fast. Make sure you make a double batch, so you can freeze one for later!
Do you have more Instant Pot recipes?
Yes, I do!! I have a ton more recipes in my shop! Check out my Large Family Delightful and Abundant 4-Week Electric Pressure Cooker Meal Plan Pack One, and the Large Family Filling and Wholesome 4-Week Electric Pressure Cooker Pack Two.Or make it easy on your budget and time and grab the DOUBLE BUNDLE that includes both Electric Pressure Cooker Packs packs one and two!
Here are more Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Recipes your family will love!
- Instant Pot Spinach and Mushroom Chicken Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Navy Beans and Ham
- Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes
- Large Family Instant Pot Low Carb Steak Fajitas Bowls
- Large Family Classic Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta | Dinner Ideas for a Large Family
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot/ Slow Cooker
Whether you cook it in the Instant Pot or slow cooker, this Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta is so delicious!
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes penne, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (5 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 English cucumbers, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and half of the oregano.
- Using the saute mode, heat the electric pressure cooker until “hot.” Add the olive oil and chicken in batches, browning the chicken on all sides. Deglaze the bottom of the pot by adding the chicken broth and scraping with a flat wooden spoon. Cancel the saute mode.
Stir in the garlic, remaining seasonings, and pasta, pressing the pasta below the liquid.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 7 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cook cycle is complete.
Stir the cream cheese into the pasta until melted. Add the half and half, lemon juice, grape tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, dill, and parsley, stirring until combined.
To cook in a slow cooker:
Season the chicken breast.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown the chicken in batches. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
Add the pasta, garlic, remaining seasonings, and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Stir in the remaining ingredients before serving.
Keywords: Instant Pot Creamy Tomato and Olive Chicken Pasta
I’m always thrilled when I find a good Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipe that my family loves! Your family is going to enjoy this one too!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.