In recent years, I have become aware of the health benefits of eating a lower-carb diet and adding in high-quality foods like bone broth. Instant Pot bone broth helps us to eat healthy while also being frugal and easy to make. It’s a warming snack, perfect to cook with rice, use in soups, and more!
I like to put in some work whenever I can to have meals prepped in the refrigerator or freezer that make eating well easier on a daily basis. One of those things I like to do is have meat already cooked and bagged in the fridge so that I can just grab it for salads for my lunch during the week.
I have been wanting to incorporate instant pot bone broth into my daily diet for some time now. However, I knew that I wanted pasture-raised chickens with which to make the broth. We certainly aren’t a “pasture-raised, organic everything” family, that’s a known fact, ha!
I am of the mind that you do the best with what you’ve got, you pray over it, and you practice gratitude for it. Your family needs food; not a stressed out momma who is trying to do more than you can. So do what you can do and let go of the rest.
I managed to get 25 pasture-raised chickens for a great bundle price in my recent meat order so I had the goal in mind to make my bone broth.
One of the reasons I wanted to start making my own homemade instant pot bone broth is so I can have jars of it in the fridge to grab during the day if I get to feeling snacky but I really don’t need more food. Drinking bone broth gives me that sensation of being full while adding some high-quality minerals and healing ingredients.
Bone broth is full of vitamins and minerals that keep you feeling full. You can make it easily using your Instant Pot.
- Bones, skin, and meat from deconstructed chicken
- 12 cups water
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar (to help pull nutrients from the bones)
- Place bones, skin, and meat in Instant Pot.
- Leave any natural broth left from cooking the whole chicken in the Instant Pot if you followed that recipe in the video or this post.
- Add in 12 cups of water and 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar.
- Secure Instant Pot lid and set valve to sealing.
- Cook on MANUAL HIGH for 120 minutes.
- Let pot release pressure naturally at the end of the cycle.
- Strain your broth to remove all bones and skin.
- Pour broth into jars or containers.
Follow this tutorial on how to store bone broth in glass freezer jars if you’re interested.
Keywords: instant pot, keto, bone broth
The best part of this bone broth is that you can knock out 2 things at once. Cook a whole frozen chicken and get the meat for all the other recipes like Egg Roll in a Bowl plus use the bones to make bone broth. Now I have bags of shredded chicken to eat plus bone broth for when I get snacky. Small things like these can make the difference in being healthy.