Is there anything better in this world than Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes? I think not. When you can make it in the Instant Pot, you are going to be in dinner heaven! The Instant Pot has changed the way dinner works for my family and that makes me so happy. If you’ve been around here for a bit of time you know that I have lots of sausage recipes to try so I was glad to add another tasty one to my list. If you have a large family, this meal is going to make everyone super happy and full!
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes
Let’s talk about this meal for a second. What makes it so delicious? I honestly think that cooking it in the Instant Pot helps bring out so much flavor in it. Cabbage is also one vegetable that your family will love and it makes a ton of FOOD. I enjoy how budget-friendly cabbage is! You can go to the store and pick up a whole head of cabbage fairly cheaply.
Slow Cooker Option
What if you don’t have an Instant Pot or don’t want to cook something quickly, there is always a slow cooker option. Slow cooking has been a way of cooking meals for a long time now and I’m going to show you how to make this meal in your slow cooker.
Go ahead and get your slow cooker ready. You’ll want to place ALL of the ingredients inside of the slow cooker. From there, you’ll cook all of this deliciousness on low for six hours. After the six hours is up, you will see and smell how yummy this meal is!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes
I have made some complex family meals in the past, but sometimes it’s nice just to sit down and have an easy meal. I save this meal for when I know I’m going to have a busy day, yet I know the whole family will be super hungry at the end of a long day.
- Kielbasa sausage – If there is anything that I love buying in bulk, it’s Kielbasa sausage. This meat can go with so many meals. The flavor is amazing.
- Cabbage – This has always been one of my favorite veggies to cook with. Once you make cabbage once, it’ll become a family favorite.
- Red potatoes – When it comes to feeding the family, you need to add in as many food items you can that will keep them full! Red potatoes have the power to fill up tummies and keep them happy.
The full ingredient list can be found in the recipe card. I truly hope your family enjoys this meal as much as we do. What do you think about Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes? The flavor of this meal is unmatched!
More Sausage recipes your Family will Enjoy
- Instant Pot Cajun sausage, potatoes, and green beans
- Slow Cooker Sausage Baked Ziti
- Protein Sausage and Egg Cups
- Large Family Chicken, Sausage, and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and PotatoesPrint
It’s time to prepare something amazing for your family. This Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes are just what you’ve been craving.
- 2 (14 ounce) packages kielbasa, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium heads cabbage, cored and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pats
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Dump the onion, sausage, red potatoes, and cabbage into the pot of the electric pressure cooker. Top with butter, chicken broth, white vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 5 minutes. Allow a 10-minute natural release of pressure when the cook cycle is complete.
Gently toss the ingredients together and serve.
For the slow cooker:
Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker. Toss together.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Tip: If all of the cabbage will not fit in the pressure cooker, place it in a covered pot with 1 cup of chicken broth over medium heat. Mix in together with the other ingredients after everything has cooked.
Keywords: Instant Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes
This easy one-pot dump and go meal is so easy and delicious. You’ll be glad you tried it!
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!