Large Family Marinated Cucumber salad is such a light and flavorful low-carb side dish, it is perfect for summer evenings or even a quick lunch. Also known as marinated cucumbers and onion salad, this dish includes just a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. In addition, Marinated Cucumber Salad is an excellent way to use up those cucumbers from the garden!
Pull some Hearty Hamburger Patties from the freezer to pair with this pretty Marinated Cucumber Salad for some open faced burgers and maybe some fries for family members who do eat carbs. You could prep this in the morning then throw something else in the crock pot at the same time to have a ready made meal at dinner time. #momwin
This recipe is as easy peasy as they come. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a mason jar then shake. Chop up the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion. Mix all together in a bowl. Refrigerate for a few hours to give the flavors time to marry together.Print
This light and flavorful salad makes for a great side dish to go with burgers or to bring to a potluck.
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced evenly
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup marinade/ dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (depending on your preference)
- Add marinade ingredients to quart-size jar. Once complete, seal and shake until blended.
- Place all vegetables in a medium bowl. Pour marinade over vegetables and toss to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours. When you’re ready, remove from refrigerator one hour prior to serving if the oil has congealed to bring it to serving consistency.
Keywords: low carb
This light and flavorful salad makes for a great side dish to go with burgers or to bring to a potluck. It will be even better the next day! Keep some in the fridge for when you need a low carb but tasty snack.