Need a quick dinner and easy meal that you can make ahead and freeze? Try this delicious low carb chili dog casserole freezer meal recipe that will impress the entire family and leave them wanting more of it.
Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal
Nutrition Information For Keto Chili Dog Casserole
Get the classic taste of chili cheese dogs with this delicious casserole that is low carb and keto friendly. It has all of the favorite chili dog flavors you love without the guilt. This recipe serves 24 with a 1 cup serving size.
- Calories – 137
- Total Fat – 7.4 grams
- Total Carbohydrates – 4.7 grams
- Sodium – 303 mg
- Protein – 13 grams
- Sugar – 2.3 grams
Must-Have Ingredients to Make the Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal
These are the ingredients you need to make this chili dog casserole recipe.
- Ground Beef – Use ground beef to prepare the chili for this casserole.
- Green Peppers – The peppers are a great addition to this casserole, but make sure to remove the seeds and chop them into pieces beforehand.
- Brown Sugar Substitute –You will need a brown sugar substitute to make this low carb meal. Consider using a brand like Swerve.
- Hot Dogs – Use your favorite brand of hot dogs to add to this chili dog casserole meal that your family will love.
- Beef Broth – The beef broth adds flavor to the dish, and it is just one of several essential ingredients.
- Tomato Sauce and Tomato Paste- Add your favorite brand of tomato sauce to this casserole to create a chili-like texture. Tomato paste will also help to thicken it up.
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese – The extra cheese adds something special to the dish making it cheesy and flavorful with each bite.
- Other ingredients such as: garlic or garlic powder, onions, chili powder, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Don’t forget to stock your kitchen using my must-have kitchen list so you’re ready to cook.
How To Make This Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole
This is one of many convenient freezer meals that you can throw together when you have some extra time.
- Prepare two 9×13 size casserole dishes or foil pans with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef with onions and green peppers until browned. Drain well.
- Stir the garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and beef broth into the beef and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Slice the hot dogs and place in the bottom of the casserole dish. Divide evenly between the two. Pour the cooked beef chili mixture on top of the hot dogs.
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are bubbling.
Chili Dog Casserole Variations
- Turn it into tater tot chili dog casserole by adding tater tots for a hearty meal for the potato lovers. (not low carb)
- Pour cornbread mixture on top. (also not low carb)
- Add chopped onions like red onion or pickle relish on top.
- If you are in a time crunch you can use canned chili, or leftover chili made from your own homemade chili.
How to Freeze the Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole
- Assemble the casserole before you bake it.
- Wrap with plastic wrap, then with a layer of aluminum foil.
- Label it with it’s name date and cooking instructions.
- Put the meal in the freezer for a night where you do not have much time to make anything.
- Store in the freezer for up to four months.
If you prefer to cook it first, bake it and then place it in an airtight storage container or wrap the dish as instructed above. You will need a large food storage container with a secure airtight lid that fits perfectly on top of it if you choose to go that route.
To heat this dish, place it in the fridge the night before to thaw. Then cook as usual.
What to Serve with Your Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal
Chili dogs are an American classic and go well with many different side dishes such as:
- Pickle spears
- Macaroni and cheese
- Low carb sides such as our Low Carb Cheesy Asparagus, or Marinated Cucumber Salad.
- Low carb desserts that our family loves are the Peanut Butter Cheesecake, or Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
More Low Carb Casseroles for Your Large Family
- Low Carb King Ranch Casserole
- Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini
- Low Carb Spicy Garlic Chicken and Broccoli
- Large Family Ham and Gruyere Crustless Quiche
- Low Carb Five Guys Cheeseburger Casserole
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Large Family Low Carb Meals to Feed a Crowd – Budget Friendly!
- Large Family Low Carb Meals to Feed a Crowd – Over 65 low carb meal ideas including low carb recipes made with beef, chicken, soup, slow cooker recipes, and low carb instant pot recipes.
Low Carb Large Family Freezer Meal Packs
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, a list of pantry staple items, and more.
This fun to eat large family casserole is going to be a large family favorite! You’ll love how easy it is to make and the kids will love the great flavor. Be sure to add this to your weekly meal plan menu.Print
Need a quick meal that you can make ahead and freeze? Try this delicious Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal recipe that will impress the family and leave them wanting more of it.
- 2 to 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute, like Swerve Brown Sugar,
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packages hot dogs
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two (9×13) casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef with onions and green peppers until the meat ir browned and crumbled. Drain well.
Stir the garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and beef broth into the beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Slice the hot dogs and place in the bottom of the baking dishes, dividing evenly between the two. Pour the cooked beef mixture on top of the hot dogs.
Top the casserole with cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the edges are bubbling.
Keywords: Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal