Have leftover turkey? Impress your family at this year’s post-Thanksgiving dinner by preparing this Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini. This simple recipe is great as a side dish or the main course. When you want to have more low-carb options available to you, this recipe is one to make for the whole family.
After Thanksgiving rolls around, you may have TONS of turkey to use up! With that being said, what turkey recipes do you make to use up the turkey and also keep your large family full? Any large family will love making this Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini. It’s not only delicious, but it can help use up any leftover turkey you may have sitting in your fridge. Try our Left-over Turkey Noodle Soup, or our After Thanksgiving Casserole Bake, and our Turkey and Gravy Casserole Bake to use up your leftovers!
Ingredients Needed For the Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini
Before you make the Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini, make sure you purchase the following ingredients from the supermarket:
- Zucchini Noodles. The zucchini noodles are a must for this dish because they replace traditional pasta as a low-carb alternative. They are full of flavor and taste great with the creamy sauce and turkey.
- Butter. Butter gets used when sauteeing some of the ingredients in this recipe, including the onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms. The Baby Bella mushrooms offer a slightly chewy yet tasty texture to the dish.
- Cooked Turkey. If you have already cooked turkey, use the leftover pieces to prepare this delicious and wholesome dish.
- Heavy Cream. Create the perfect sauce for the Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini using the sauteed ingredients with heavy cream.
- Garlic. The garlic adds more bold flavor to the dish. You cannot go wrong with using garlic!
You will also need some chopped onions, mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper to use when putting this dish together.
How to Prepare Your Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini
The name of the recipe might lead you to believe that it is complicated to make, but that could not be any further from the truth. Preparing the Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini is not time-consuming at all. Heat your oven to 400F while applying some nonstick cooking spray to a casserole dish.
In the meantime, you need to cook your butter, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and pepper together in a skillet on the stove. Place the turkey into the skillet, add heavy cream, and allow the ingredients to cook together for several minutes. Add your zucchini noodles, place everything into a casserole dish, add cheese on top, and bake for around 40 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly at the top.
How to Freeze and Store the Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini
Keep your Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini in a casserole dish with a lid attached to it. If you are not eating it right away, keep it in the fridge for up to three days or in the freezer for as long as a month before reheating and digging in. When you follow this recipe, you will have more than enough to go around, which means you might actually be able to use up those occasional leftovers you have after Thanksgiving!
Here are more casseroles your family will enjoy!
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Baked Ravioli Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Dip Casserole
Low Carb Turkey TetrazziniPrint
When you have leftover turkey to use this Thanksgiving, make sure you give this Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini a try!
- 4 (12 ounce) bags zucchini noodles, thawed and well-drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic to the saucepan. Cook until the onions are softened, stirring often. Then, add the turkey to the skillet and heat through.
- Add the heavy cream to the saucepan, stirring to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for an additional two minutes before stirring in ¾ cup of the cheese. Remove from heat.
- Toss the sauce together with the zucchini noodles and place in the prepared casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
Keywords: Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini
This Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini is a healthy way to use up your turkey left-overs. It tastes delicious and saves money!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.