Make an unforgettable meal with the Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole recipe. The cheese and chicken will melt in your mouth with each bite. This recipe makes two 9×13 pans!
Are you in the mood for something new? If you want to make something different, try this Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole recipe. The recipe consists of several essential ingredients, including juicy chicken, noodles, and cheese. It will leave you with the perfect large family dinner dish that you can serve and eat for lunch leftovers or an easy casserole recipe.
It tastes great when fresh out of the oven, but it is also just as delicious when reheated as leftovers. If you have a hard time getting the kids to eat their vegetables, this oven recipe is ideal. It contains peas and corn that taste great with the broth and other ingredients.
****Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off the entire MEGA DEAL get-it-all Bundle including the best-selling Large Family Freezer Meal Packs 1-12 + so much more!!****
The Ingredients to Make the Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole
When making the Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole, gather these important ingredients:
- Egg Noodles. Cook the egg noodles as directed on the package and drain them of excess water.
- Onion. Dice a whole onion into small pieces to add to this dish.
- Cooked Chicken. Prepare your chicken and chop it into small cubed pieces. you can make chicken in the air fryer or chicken in the instant pot.
- Chicken Broth. Use chicken broth to keep the ingredients moist and flavorful.
- Frozen Peas and Carrots. Use a blend of frozen peas and carrots to add veggies to this casserole.
- Milk. Add milk to thicken the broth and leave your casserole much creamier.
- Swiss Cheese. Use a shredded version of the cheese all over the chicken, pasta, and veggies.
- Cornbread Stuffing Mix. Use your favorite brand of cornbread stuffing mix to complete this dish. You will mix the stuffing with butter to create a crisp crust for the top of your casserole. You can also make your own stuffing using my recipe!
Several other ingredients needed include garlic powder, flour, dried thyme, zested lemon, salt, nutmeg, black pepper, and butter.
How to Store the Chicken and Swiss Casserole
You can put the Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole in the refrigerator. You can store it in an airtight container. If you plan on saving it for less than four days, the fridge is just fine. Be sure to add this delicious meal to your weekly meal plan.
Other Ingredients You Can Add to the Chicken and Swiss Casserole
Frozen peas and carrots are a great addition to this casserole. However, you can add other vegetables that you enjoy to the delicious casserole if you would like. Frozen corn, broccoli florets, and cauliflower florets are all great choices. You can replace the peas and carrots or add these other vegetables in with them. If you do not like chunks of meat, you can shred your chicken into thinner pieces instead of cubes. A simple way to shred chicken is to add it to a bowl and use a hand mixer to tear it apart. If you do not have a hand mixer, use two forks to shred with ease.
Here are more casseroles your family will enjoy!
- Spinach and Cheese Strata
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Low Carb Sausage and Pepperoni Casserole
- Low Carb Creamy Pork
Do you have more casserole recipes?
I have so many more casseroles that you will love in my shop. Check out my Classic Casserole Dinners & Freezer Meals Cookbook One for Now, One for Later! It includes 10 delicious, classic casserole recipes that will make two 9×13 casseroles each–one to eat right away, and one to put in your freezer for a later date. It’s an easy and quick way to build a freezer stash.
Large Family Chicken and Swiss CasserolePrint
Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole | Easy Oven Dinner Recipe (TWO 9×13 Pans!)
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
Make an unforgettable meal with the Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole recipe. The cheese and chicken will melt in your mouth with each bite.
- 1 (16 ounces) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅔ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (16 ounces) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (16 ounces) package swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 ounces) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 30 degrees. Lightly spray 2 13×9 inch casserole dishes with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Stir in the flour and cook for another minute. Blend the broth, milk, garlic powder, thyme, lemon zest, salt, nutmeg and pepper together and gradually add to the flour/onion mixture stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer and cook until thicken.
Stir in the chicken and frozen peas and carrots, heat thoroughly. Stir in the noodles and cheese.
Divide equally into the 2 casserole dishes.
In a small bowl combine the cornbread stuffing mix and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the chicken casseroles. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are brown.
Keywords: Large Family Chicken and Swiss Casserole
This delicious recipe is so tasty! Your whole family will love it, and you will be glad that it’s easy to make.
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.