Oh friend, if you are looking for freezer meals for new moms you have come to the mother-load resource for freezer cooking, let me tell ya!
I love making large family freezer meals. I especially have come to depend on easy freezer meals during my postpartum time after a new baby.
This was the case almost two years ago now when I did some Mega Freezer Cooking including 60+ Freezer Meals with 26 Dinners, 21 Breakfasts, 16 Lunches at the beginning of my 3rd trimester. Then made 100+ FREEZER MEALS FOR BIG FAMILIES towards the end of my 3rd trimester with baby #8.
These two big freezer cooking times got my family through my last trimester and through the first 5 or so weeks after I had the baby. Once the baby was about 8 weeks old I did another “super mega” LARGE FAMILY FREEZER COOKING DAY time in September of that year.
Freezer Meals for New Moms
Pregnant or not I always work on keeping my stash of freezer meals stocked up in my freezer. I like to have a dedicated freezer cooking day at least once a month. Some months fly by and I’m not able to get in that dedicated freezer cooking day. Other months I’m able to get in 2 to 3 days which is very helpful!
Recently it hit me that two of my homeschool momma friends were about to have babies and what better gift than freezer meals for new moms! I had just finished a three-week pantry and freezers challenge for my family so I had room in the freezer to make a bunch of freezer meals. I decided to take one evening and cook up one of my large family freezer meals packs to make freezer meals for these moms!
Really, any of the large family freezer meals packs would have cooked up wonderfully to share. I went with large family freezer meals pack two which has a fun variety just like the other freezer meal packs. You can see the full Large Family Freezer Meals Collection here and use code Hello20 to take 20% off your first order!
Freezer Meals for New Moms Recipes
Here are all the freezer meal recipes I cooked up when making these freezer meals for new moms. Instead of looking up each recipe I used large family freezer meals pack two and followed the freezer meals grocery shopping list,
- Taco Bake Freezer Meal – make four pans of this family favorite! Serve with corn and salad!
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Noodle Bake – SEVEN, yes I said seven pans of this glorious Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Noodle bake. This goes with any side or no side items at all.
- Tuna Cakes Freezer Meal – have two to three dozen (depending on your patty size) of this handy meal that can be reheated several ways!
- Slow Cooker Meat Loaf – get two to three meatloaves depending on your loaf size. This is so good with brown rice and steamed veggies.
- Garlic & Lemon Chicken Slow Cooker Freezer Meal – *favorite alert, favorite alert!* This is a super healthy slow cooker freezer meal that is a family favorite around here!
- Ham & Cheese Potato Bake – you’ll get three cheesy, creamy oven bakes with this one.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki – serve this hot dish over steamed rice and you’re ready to go!
- Beef Stroganoff Freezer Meal – four large pans full, super great with sausage, too!
- Baked Ziti Oven Bake – Baked Ziti is a hearty meal that is sure to please. Make four pans for your freezer.
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole – make four pans of this yummy goodness. Serve with applesauce, carrot sticks or other favorite sides.
Freezer Meals Grocery Shopping
Using the Freezer Meals Grocery List that comes with large family freezer meals pack two made putting in my grocery order
I spent $279 for everything I needed to make these 40 freezer meals. This makes each freezer meal a little over $6 per meal. You can click here to watch my Grocery Haul for 40 Freezer Meals before Baby (for Friends)! Cost of groceries will vary depending on the part of the country you’re in and what items you already have on hand. I already had several pounds of ground beef batch cooked and frozen in the freezer. You might already have chicken you stocked up on when it was on sale or other needed items in your pantry.
Depending on how you swing it, you should end up with about 35 to 40 large family freezer meals to fill your freezer fast by using one of the large family freezer meals packs! These are perfect freezer meals for new moms! And of course, not every mom has a nearly empty large family freezer ready to receive a bunch of easy freezer meals from their freezer cooking addicted friend as a gift, ha!
I did talk to these mommas first to give them fair warning that freezer meals were coming. One of my friends took 12 freezer meals and the other momma took 5. I ended up having another person who needed some freezer meals blessings to take another 5 freezer meals. This left my family with a balance of 18 freezer meals. And believe me, those 18 freezer meals will get used up fast, quick, and in a hurry around here!