If you love the flavor and texture of fried pork chops but don’t want all the guilt accompanied with eating them, then I think you’ll love this recipe! These large family pork milanese low carb THM S pork chops are coated with Parmesan cheese for extra crispiness . It imparts wonderful flavor without the added ingredients found in traditional fried chops.
Start by gathering your ingredients and preheat your heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Personally, I use my large cast iron skillet. It gives it a wonderful crunch as well as adding iron to the meal. Cast iron is perfect when you fry things as it imparts a nice crisp texture. Add oil to the skillet as it heats but be sure to not let it get too hot. You don’t want to get burned when you add the chops.
In a shallow dish, lightly beat three eggs. Pound the pork loins to 1/4″ thickness to help ensure even cooking. Kids love to help with this part just watch little fingers. Salt and pepper each pork loin chop on both sides, then dip the chops into the eggs to coat. Allow the excess to drip off.
Immediately dip pork loin chops in Parmesan cheese, pressing cheese into the pork on both sides. Don’t be stingy. Get that cheese on there nice and thick. You’ll thank me later.
Cook the pork in small batches in the hot pan, browning each until golden on each side. Average cooking time for each side is 3 to 4 minutes. Please note: sometimes olive oil will smoke when it becomes too hot. If this happens, just lower the skillet temperature or use a different, higher-smoke-point oil like coconut or avocado. Olive oil is terrible to fry with so I highly recommend something else. Your house will be a smoky mess and your kids will have to open all the windows and doors. Your smoke alarms will go off. Your security system will notify the fire department. Chaos will ensue. Avoid all that by using coconut or avocado oil from the beginning.
Remove to paper towel after they are nice and brown and keep warm. Cook all the batches. Serve Pork Milanese with fresh lemon slices and enjoy the low carb, THM S goodness.Print
This large family style Pork Milanese recipe is THM- S, as well as Low Carb. Serve with fresh lemon and your favorite green veggie as a side!
- 10-12 boneless pork loin chops pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon, sliced into wedges
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper each pork loin chop on both sides. Dip into eggs to coat both sides, allowing excess to drip off.
- Immediately dip pork loin chops in Parmesan cheese, pressing cheese into the pork on both sides.
- Carefully add oil to skillet and then cook the pork in small batches, browning until golden on each side, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove to paper towel and keep warm.
- Serve Pork Milanese with fresh lemon slices.
Keywords: low carb, THM, pork
Pork milanese is great served with cut up veggies, rice, or twice baked potatoes. Your family will love the deliciousness of it while you love that it’s not a million calories. It’s sure to become a family favorite.