Bacon makes everything taste better. Something about bacon wrapped anything makes my mouth water. This low carb bbq bacon wrapped chicken recipe is no exception. Pair it up with low carb cheesy asparagus and some low carb cornbread and you have a dinner fit for a queen.
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Start out by mixing all the dry ingredients together. Sprinkle evenly over your chicken pieces. I recommend boneless chicken tenders but if boneless chicken breasts is what you have in your freezer then use that cut into even slices. I often have boneless chicken breasts in my freezer for Bulk Freezer Cooking. Use what you have and don’t overthink it is my motto. Yes and amen!
Wrap the chicken pieces with bacon being sure to tuck the ends into the wrapped chicken when you’re done. You don’t want bacon flopping everywhere while you grill. Preheat grill to 500 degrees making sure to set up 2 zones of direct cooking and indirect cooking. You will need both to get the best chicken.
Place chicken pieces on the direct heat to cook each side for 2 minutes. Move over to indirect zone and let it cook for another 15 to 20 minutes. When internal temperature of chicken reaches 155 degrees , start basting with BBQ sauce of your choice.
You could use this fantastic G. Hughes Sugar-Free BBQ sauce I found at Walmart. If you haven’t seen it at your Walmart yet, here’s my affiliate link where you can see it here on Amazon. It’s perfect for low carb/keto lifestyles.
Let the BBQ sauce caramelize on each side then keep basting until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Take chicken off grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Always allow chicken to rest for at least 10 minutes after cooking to redistribute the juices. It makes all the difference between having juicy, delicious chicken or having dry, gross chicken.Print
Bacon brings BBQ chicken to a whole new level in this easy grill or oven recipe.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken chicken tenders or boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
- 1 cup barbeque sauce, your favorite
- Mix together the dry seasonings.
- Sprinkle mixture over chicken.
- Wrap chicken tenders in bacon. Tuck the ends underneath at each end.
- Set up the grill with two zones, direct and indirect cooking. Heat grill to 500 degrees. Oil grates prior to putting chicken on the grill.
- Place chicken directly over the heat and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Move chicken to indirect heat and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 degrees.
- Begin basting with BBQ sauce , allowing sauce to caramelize on each side. Continue basting until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
Keywords: grill, chicken, BBQ
If you aren’t staying low carb then Instant Pot mac n cheese would be perfect for this. No matter what you serve with this low carb BBQ bacon wrapped chicken, it will be a family favorite. A meal everyone is sure to love!
Chicken is a perfect meat for dump and go meals!
You need this huge large family freezer meals collection because you have a lot of people to feed every. single. day. They always seem to want breakfast, lunch, and dinner (don’t forget the snacks!) and they always look to you for all this food.