Prepare a classic meal in the slow cooker that will save you time and feed your large family. If you follow this Large Family Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer Meal recipe, you will be surprised at how easy it is to make and how great it tastes. It’s also dairy-free for those of you avoiding dairy.
It contains fresh and flavorful ingredients that are naturally good for you, including onions, bell peppers, and steak. It tastes just as good reheated as it does when it comes straight out of the slow cooker. When you want to make an impressive meal for your large family to devour at dinnertime, this is the perfect meal for you to make.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Ingredients to Make the Large Family Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer Meal
When preparing this meal, gather the following ingredients in your kitchen:
- Beef Top Round Steak. Slice your beef top round steak into thin slices before adding it to your slow cooker.
- Onion. Slice your onion into thin pieces just like your steak.
- Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce. Use reduced-sodium soy sauce to make the dish less salty.
- Minced Garlic. Use minced garlic to give the dish that added flavor it needs.
- Diced Tomatoes. Toss in a can of diced tomatoes with your steak, onions, and peppers. Do not drain the tomatoes.
- Green Bell Peppers. Slice the green bell peppers down into pieces before tossing them into the slow cooker with your other ingredients.
You should also have olive oil, sugar, salt, ground ginger, pepper, water, and cornstarch to complete this delicious meal. You might also want to check out my kitchen must-have list to find anything you are missing.
How to Store Your Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer Meal
- Combine the browned meat, onions, bell peppers, soy sauce, sugar, salt, ginger, garlic, and tomatoes in an airtight freezer container (I usually use gallon freezer bags).
- To cook, thaw in the refrigerator before proceeding with the directions and cooking time listed in the recipe card.
You can place the container or freezer storage bag in the freezer and keep it there for up to six months.
What to Eat With the Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer Meal
The Large Family Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer Meal tastes great when served with a side of buttered noodles, rice, or cauliflower rice. You can try other sides like make-ahead Cheesy Potatoes, slow cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes, or Garlicky Green Beans and Tomatoes.
If you do not want to eat it with a side dish, you can always put the pepper steak on a roll and eat it as a sandwich. It all depends on how you like it and how your loved ones enjoy eating this flavorful homemade meal. No matter what you eat with the pepper steak, you will have plenty of it available for your loved ones to eat for lunch or dinner.
Here are more slow cooker and instant pot recipes your family will enjoy!
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Mandarin Chicken
- Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff
- Sweet and Sour Pork in the Slow Cooker
- Ham, Potato, and 5 Bean Soup
Large Family Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer MealPrint
Create a healthy and flavorful dish with this Large Family Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Freezer Meal recipe. Make it in the slow cooker at your convenience and freeze it until you are in the mood for it!
- 3 to 4 pounds beef top round steak, sliced thin (I used stir fry meat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- To thicken, if desired:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
Hot cooked noodles or rice
Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the beef in small batches. Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
Place the onions and bell pepper with the beef in the slow cooker.
Combine the soy sauce, sugar, salt, ginger, garlic, and tomatoes. Pour over the beef and vegetables.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 houses until the meat is tender.
If desired, 30 minutes prior to serving, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir until smooth and slowly stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high an additional 30 minutes.
Serve over your choice of rice or noodles.
To freeze, combine the browned meat, onions, bell peppers, soy sauce, sugar, salt, ginger, garlic, and tomatoes in an airtight freezer container.
To cook, thaw in the refrigerator before proceeding with the directions and cooking time listed above.
Keywords: Large Family Pepper Steak
This slow cooker recipe is tasty and easy to make. It’s super versatile and can be used as a meal or sandwich. This makes it a great dinner or lunch. Make it for dinner and have it as sandwiches the next day at lunch.
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.