Impress your family when you make this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini. It is the perfect comforting large family pasta dish to serve to both children and adults who love the creamy, wholesome taste of it.
What if you could make a dish for the entire family that tastes just like what you would get at an authentic Italian restaurant? With this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini recipe, you can do just that with a handful of ingredients. This dish also makes an awesome freezer meal!
Sometimes you want to cook on the stove or oven to make a delicious and fulfilling meal. Other times, the slow cooker is the way to go because you can toss the ingredients into your slow cooker and allow the meal to cook as low and slow as you would like. Once you serve this chicken tortellini dish to your loved ones, they may start requesting it from you more often because of how amazing it tastes. We have a lot more chicken meals so be sure to check them out!
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Ingredients Needed to Make the Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini
There are specific ingredients you will need to use to prepare your Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini. The following ingredients are must-haves:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast. Use chicken breast in this dish, but chop the chicken breast into cubed pieces beforehand. Make Chicken ahead with our Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Sliced Mushrooms. Use fresh sliced mushrooms in this recipe to add both flavor and texture to the dish.
- Sweet Red Peppers. The sweet red peppers bring more flavor to the dish, so make sure to remove the seeds from them before chopping them into pieces and placing them in your slow cooker.
- Marinara Sauce. Use your favorite brand of marinara sauce when putting this meal together for the family. Here is my pasta sauce recipe!
- Alfredo Sauce. The alfredo sauce adds a cheesier taste to the dish, enhancing the chicken and tortellini flavor.
- Frozen Cheese Tortellini. Use your favorite brand of frozen cheese tortellini to complete this meal.
You will also need a handful of other ingredients, including seeded and diced green peppers, chopped onions, and sliced black olives. You can add parmesan cheese if you would like to, but it is optional.
How to Freeze the Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini
If you want to freeze this meal, you should put all the ingredients into a food storage container with the exception of the cheese tortellini and alfredo sauce, both of which can get added to the dish after it defrosts.
You can keep the other ingredients in the food storage container inside the freezer for up to six months before removing the container, defrosting it, and reheating the meal to serve it to your large family. To keep track of how long you have had the meal in the freezer, it is a good idea to add a label to the food storage container with the date you made it attached to it. Don’t forget to add it to your weekly menu plan!
LARGE FAMILY SLOW COOKER MEAL PLANS
GRAB the brand new Large Family 4-Week Slow Cooker Meals Plans in the Large Family Table Shop! This amazing bundle includes volumes 1,2, and 3 of my Large Family Slow Cooker Meals packs which means you will get 60 meals and 12 weeks of meal plans!
What to Add to the Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini
You can add additional ingredients to the Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini when you want to customize its taste. Several ingredients taste great with the chicken and cheese tortellini, including fresh spinach, crumbled pieces of bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and peas. You can add other ingredients, including some of your favorite vegetables, to the dish if you would like to.
Here are more slow cooker meals your family will enjoy!
- Sweet and Sour Pork in the Slow Cooker
- Ham, Potato, and 5 Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Sausage Baked Ziti
- Kielbasa and Potato Slow Cooker Meal
- Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Breast
Here are 5 more slow cooker meals to try!
Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Freezer MealPrint
Impress your family when you make this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini. It is the perfect comforting pasta dish to serve to both children and adults who love the creamy, wholesome taste of it.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 (24 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 (19 ounce) packages frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Add everything EXCEPT the Alfredo sauce and cheese tortellini to the slow cooker and stir.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove the lid and stir in the alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
To serve, ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
To freeze, place all ingredients EXCEPT the Alfredo sauce and cheese tortellini into a freezer safe container. Freeze up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking. Proceed as directed above once defrosted.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini
https://largefamilytable.com/large-family-oven-dinners/You will enjoy that this meal is an all in one meal. There’s no need to add anything else unless of course, you want some dessert! Here are many more slow cooker meal ideas for large families and tons of additional easy dinner ideas for when you don’t know what to make!!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.