Tired of making the same old dishes over and over again? You can put that Instant Pot to work and make a super delicious meal. I want to introduce you to the Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff. This meal is not only yummy, but it is also super filling for your whole family.
Large Family Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff Recipe
Meatball Stroganoff isn’t your average dinner, it’s one of those meals that people talk about and beg you to make! Think about what it means to mix meatballs and stroganoff together in your Instant Pot, It is a delicious dinner and one of the best recipes to impress.
How to Make Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff
This family favorite comfort food is an easy meal to make with basic ingredients you should already have on hand.
You can use homemade meatballs, but to make it even easier, you can use frozen meatballs. You can even use Italian meatballs or Swedish Meatballs.
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic powder, dry mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and beef broth.
- Place the meatballs into the pot of the electric pressure cooker. Top with the package of egg noodles and then the sliced mushrooms. Pour the beef broth mixture over everything. Do not stir.
- Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cook cycle is complete.
- Stir the sour cream into the pasta which will create a sour cream sauce, which is the best part.
Ingredients needed for Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff
The ingredients in any meal is important, but the ingredients in this meal are everything. They truly mix together to create an one of our favorite meals. Let’s talk about these ingredients and what make them so incredible.
- Frozen homestyle meatballs – I know you already most likely have a package of homestyle meatballs in your freezer. Pull these out to help you make something very filling for your family.There are many great store-bought frozen meatballs that would be perfect for this delicious dinner.
- Mushrooms – If your family has never had mushrooms in their meal, they are about to figure out how yummy it is. Of course, this is optional. We love them in our stroganoff around here.
- Package of egg noodles – As you know, egg noodles are super inexpensive, but they make the best ingredient. Don’t forget to pick up an extra bag the next time you’re at the store.
- Beef broth – 1 48 oz. carton or 6 cups of broth. When you want flavor in your meal, beef broth always delivers, plus it has a ton of nutrition.
Add in all of these products, plus the extras listed and you are going to have access to a very wholesome meal. The best part is making this in your Instant Pot and having dinner together very quickly.
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Option
Did you know you can make Meatball Stroganoff in the slow cooker? If you’re going to be gone during the day or just don’t want to mess with the Instant Pot, this option is for you. The Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff is just as delicious for those busy weeknights.
Keep in mind that you won’t need as much liquid for this meal. Reduce the liquid to 1 cup of broth and stir together all ingredients EXCEPT the noodles and sour cream. Cover and cook on low 4 hours. That’s all the meal prep you need to do.
You will want to cook and drain the noodles separately right before it’s time to serve this. The final step to this meal is to mix the sour cream and noodles into the meatball mixture.
How to brown meatballs in an Instant Pot
For this specific recipe, you do not need to brown the meatballs, but my favorite feature of the Instant Pot is the saute’ function. Add a little bit of olive oil to the bottom of the pot and hit saute’. Then you can dump your frozen meatballs in and stir them around to give them a brown crust.
How to freeze meaatball stroganoff
If you decide you want to freeze this meal you are in luck. Freezing Meatball Stroganoff has never been easier. Once you have finished cooking the meal, you will need to allow it to cool.
Once it’s cooled, place it in a freezer safe container. You can freeze and store it for up to six months!
The only thing you have left to do with this meal is enjoy it. If you are cooking for your large family table, then this Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff will be a huge hit that you will want to add to your next dinner rotation.
Do you have more Instant Pot recipes?
Isn’t this Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff so yummy? There are many more recipes you can find in my shop.
Make it easy on your budget and time and grab the DOUBLE BUNDLE that includes both Electric Pressure Cooker Packs packs one and two.
Here’s more beef and meatball recipes your family will enjoy:
- Large Family Skillet Beef Stroganoff
- Beef Stroganoff Freezer Meal
- Keto Red Pepper Meatballs Over Cauliflower Rice
- Low Carb Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Homemade Meatballs
Our family really enjoys a hearty meal and I’m always glad to find one that’s easy too. This recipe covers both of those so it’s sure to be a hit in your family. This is one recipe you’ll be reaching for often!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.
A family favorite in this house is Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff. It’s so easy to make and extra delicious to eat.
1 (32 to 48 ounce) package frozen homestyle meatballs
1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons dry mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 (48 ounce) carton beef broth
1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
1 ½ cup sour cream
In a large bowl, mix together the garlic powder, dry mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and beef broth.
Place the meatballs into the pot of the electric pressure cooker. Top with the egg noodles and then the sliced mushrooms. Pour the beef broth mixture over everything. Do not stir.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cook cycle is complete.
Stir the sour cream into the pasta.
For the slow cooker:
In the slow cooker crock, reduce liquid to 1 cup of broth and stir together all ingredients EXCEPT the noodles and sour cream. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
Right before serving time, cook and drain the noodles separately.
Stir the noodles and sour cream into the mixture.
Keywords: Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff