Beef stroganoff is one of those comfort foods that look like it’s a ton of work to make when it really isn’t. This Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe make it even easier. You will only need one pot to make it which makes clean up easy as well. We all love easy, don’t we? Yes and amen.
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Set your Instant Pot to saute and let it get hot. Add your olive oil and start browning your beef strips on both sides. Salt and pepper the beef as you brown it. You probably need to do this in batches. Just set the browned beef aside and keep warm.
Once the beef is done, add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic powder. Cook those until tender. Now if it took awhile to brown the beef, your Instant Pot may turn off. Just push saute again to finish up. While those are breaking down, mix liquids together. Once tender, add liquids and scrape the bottom of the pan with the flat edge of a spoon. You’re trying to get all those delicious bits that are stuck to the bottom.
Add the beef back into the Instant Pot. Put on lid and set valve to cook. Press manual 12 minutes. Once it beeps that it’s done then do quick release. Use a spoon or something to move the valve. Believe me, don’t move it with your hand.
Add egg noodles to mixture. Use the meat to submerge the noodles in the liquid. This will help them cook better. Set cover and valve back to cook for 5 mins on manual. Quick release to check the noodles. If they need more time, add it in 2 min increments checking them in between. Add sour cream to mixture when noodles are done. Serve hot and enjoy!Print
Instant Pot beef stroganoff is sure to impress your family but you know how easy it is to make.
- 3 lbs flank steak or London Broil, cut into strips
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pkg egg noodles (12 ounces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Set Instant Pot to saute and heat until hot.
- Add olive oil and sliced steak in small batches to brown on both sides. Salt and pepper steak as it browns. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place onions, mushrooms, and garlic powder in Instant Pot. Cook until tender.
- Mix beef broth, red wine vinegar, and worcestershire sauce together. Pour into Instant Pot with mushrooms and onions and scrape the bottom with a flat edge of a spoon to get all the stuck bits.
- Add steak back into Instant Pot.
- Close and set valve for cooking.
- Set to manual 12 mins. Quick release.
- After releasing the pressure, add the uncooked egg noodles being sure to submerge then under the liquid using the meat to keep them down.
- Return lid and set valve for cooking
- Set manual 5 mins. Quick release
- Check noodles for doneness. If not completely cooked, resubmerge under meat and cook on manual 2 mins.
- When noodles are done, stir in sour cream.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Keywords: dinner, Instant Pot, beef
This is a hearty meal for a cold day. I serve it to my people with a salad or some steamed broccoli. You could even go the extra mile and make cheesy asparagus. Everyone gobbles it up with nary a leftover in sight. The most tedious part will be browning the beef strips. After that, it’s easy. While it’s cooking, you could read a book or play a game. #momwin