💥Get the Best-Selling Large Family Freezer Meals Collection here! Use promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order.
Now don’t these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats look delicious? Even better these are a Trim Healthy Mama S-Meal (that means low carb and Keto friendly, too!). Plus this is a gluten-free dinner as well (check ingredients on dry ranch dressing.) This large family recipe makes two 9×13 pans to feed your family deliciously! I share exactly how I serve it down below.
To make these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats you start by washing and drying your zucchini. Slice the zucchini length-wise and scoop of the middle with a spoon. You need to leave about 1/2 an inch or so on the inside to create the boat feature. Lightly brush olive oil over inside of the zucchini boat and sprinkle with pepper.
Boy oh boy, you can stuff all kinds of yummies in the zucchini (I have several more Zucchini Boat varieties in the works that I’ll share soon!).
If you have a stand mixer combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. It takes about two minutes for all the ingredients to blend nicely. If you don’t have a stand mixer (I have one but don’t always use it. I’m a rebel like that.) you can add all ingredients to a large metal mixing bowl and use your electric hand mixer to blend. My kids love taking turns with the electric hand mixer, but they also love watching the stand mixer go round. I decide on which tool I’m going to use based on who are helpers are at the moment, how much time we have, and lots of other mom life factors, ha!
Once you have all the main ingredients blended together you can spoon the buffalo chicken mixture into the zucchini boats, pressing down. Pile the extra chicken mixture on top until the boats are overflowing slightly. Add the remaining cheese and buffalo sauce over the top. With a total of 6 zucchinis cut and halved, making 12 “boats,” you’ll fill two 9×13 baking dishes for this large family recipe.
Once they buffalo chicken zucchini boats are prepped and ready to go just place in your oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. While the zucchini boats are baking you can make your special homemade blue cheese dressing (if you prefer ranch dressing to blue cheese here’s a fantastic Trim Healthy Mama recipe for homemade ranch dressing from my friend, Jacinda).
For the homemade blue cheese add the 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to your food processor, blending until thick. Then slowly add in a little more whipping cream until the blue cheese Dressing reaches your desired consistency.
Once your Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats are done baking and cool slightly you can serve with dressing if you desire. This large family recipe makes 12 halve boats. As a family of ten, some on my kiddos will eat 1/2 a boat and older kids (including myself and Mr. Travis…we’re still kids) will eat a whole Zucchini Boat. I also like to eat my Zucchini Boat on a bed of romaine lettuce to get in extra greens. You can never have too many. I’ll also give a plop of greens to the kids and top with any extra homemade dressing.Print
This large family style Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe is THM S, Low Carb, Keto, and Gluten Free (as always for Gluten Free read the product labels). This healthy recipe makes two 9×13 baking dishes full. Each 9×13 dish holds about 6 zucchini halves. Serve with fresh greens, topping those with leftover dressing if you like!
6 zucchini (makes 12 “boats”)
3 to 4 pounds cooked chicken breast,
shredded 2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp pepper
2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
softened 2 packets or 4 tablespoons ranch seasoning
1 cup buffalo wing sauce, your favorite
2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For blue cheese sauce:
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
You will need a few additional splashes of whipping cream to thin dressing as desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle of the vegetable with a spoon leaving about 1/2 inch along the outside creating a “boat.” Lighting brush olive oil over inside of the zucchini boat and sprinkle with pepper. NOTE: If you prefer the zucchini to be soft when serving, bake the zucchini boat for 5 to 10 minutes prior to stuffing.
3. In a stand mixer, combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
4. Spoon the mixture into the zucchini boats, pressing down. Pile the extra mixture on top until the boats are overflowing slightly. Add the remaining cheese and buffalo sauce over the top.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and zucchini is tender.
6. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend the blue cheese and heavy whipping cream until thick. Slowly add in a few more splashes of whipping cream until the desired consistency is reached. Serve with zucchini boats.
Keywords: Low Carb, Keto, Trim Healthy Mama,
Large Family Food Collection
Don’t forget to grab the free “Super Mega” (the only way I know how to do anything, ha!) Large Family Food Collection for free here! I have bundled my most popular family food freebies to give to you in one massive freebie bundle including the following:
- Free Mega Freezer Meals Planning Pack (8+ Pages!)
- Free 10 Large Family Table Recipes eBook
- Free Family Favorite Recipes Binder Creation Kit
- Free Family Meal Planner Collection (with weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly planning pages, grocery lists, and more!)
- Sweet “Mommy & Me” Baking Printables
- NEW Free Happy Family Holiday Meal & Household Planner Set (Including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter) – over 30 pages!!!