Are you craving something tasty? This Southwestern Chicken Wrap recipe is truly savory and delicious. Give it a try!
- 1 family pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts (7 to 8 large breasts)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 tomatoes, optional
- 3 cups romaine, optional
- 10 to 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
Mix together the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder with the chicken broth.
Place chicken breasts into the pot of an electric pressure cooker. Pour chicken broth over the chicken.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 20 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before a quick release of remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken and shred with two forks (or shortcut by shredding with an electric mixer.)
Stir the corn, jalapenos, black beans, green onions, cilantro, spinach, roasted red peppers, sour cream, and lime juice into the chicken. Then toss with Monterey jack cheese.
To make the wraps, place a tortilla on a plate. Top with thinly sliced tomato (if desired) and about ⅓ cup chopped romaine lettuce. Pile the chicken on the lettuce. Fold in the ends of the tortilla and wrap one side tightly over the chicken and vegetables. Roll the rest of the way up. To serve, slice the wrap in half diagonally.
For the slow cooker:
Place the chicken, chicken broth, and seasonings into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours.
Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Proceed as directed above.
Keywords: Southwestern Chicken Wraps