When it’s time to cook dinner and you are looking at your options, these Southwestern Chicken Wraps will hit the spot. You may not think you can make enough wraps to feed a large family, but this recipe will. It’s made for large families! The next time you’re craving something savory, this dish is just what you need.
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Southwestern Chicken Wraps
Made in the Instant Pot, these chicken wraps are the perfect dinner recipe. They don’t take long and you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Using boneless skinless chicken breast, you are going to create a dinner that is filling. All of the fresh ingredients in this dish are also encouraging. It’s nice to know you can make a meal for your family that is easy and healthy.
What Ingredients Go in Instant Pot Chicken Wraps?
Now that you have decided you want to make these Southwestern Chicken Wraps, you may be wondering what ingredients you need to gather! I’m inpressed with how simple the ingredients are.
- You probably have a pack of frozen boneless chicken breasts in the freezer already. Go ahead and pull those out for this dish.
- Lots of seasonings are used in this dish. Everything from garlic powder to cumin. The seasonings make this dish very flavorful.
- Romaine lettuce and tomatoes help bring this whole dish together. Let’s not forget about the fresh cilantro and lime used in these chicken wraps.
There are lots of good ingredients put into this recipe. Some you will need to buy fresh and some of the ingredients you may already have in your freezer and pantry. The next time you get a hankering for something savory and southwestern, whip up this dish!
Can You Cook Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot?
One of the major reasons people buy the Instant Pot is that you can cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. How great is that? If you forget to take the chicken out of the freezer, then you’re in luck because you can cook it right in the Instant Pot. It’s nice because it also cuts down on food waste!
How to Freeze Southwestern Chicken Wraps
This is one of those meals that you may want to freeze, but you don’t know how. First of all, you don’t want to freeze the fresh ingredients. Go ahead and make this recipe as the recipe card says. However, you don’t want to add all of the fresh ingredients to it. Double wrap the completed chicken recipe in a freezable dish and you can store it for up to six months.
It is fantastic to have this dish already in the freezer because sometimes life happens you need something to make for your kids! These Instant Pot Southwestern Chicken Wraps are not only easy to make, but I love how flavorful they turn out each and every time. Those picky eaters of yours might also fall in love with this dish, fingers crossed!
Here are more chicken meals your family will enjoy!
- Grilled Chicken Berry Blue Salad
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Ranch Chicken and Rice
- Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Southwestern Chicken WrapsPrint
Are you craving something tasty? This Southwestern Chicken Wrap recipe is truly savory and delicious. Give it a try!
- 1 family pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts (7 to 8 large breasts)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 tomatoes, optional
- 3 cups romaine, optional
- 10 to 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
Mix together the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder with the chicken broth.
Place chicken breasts into the pot of an electric pressure cooker. Pour chicken broth over the chicken.
Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 20 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before a quick release of remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken and shred with two forks (or shortcut by shredding with an electric mixer.)
Stir the corn, jalapenos, black beans, green onions, cilantro, spinach, roasted red peppers, sour cream, and lime juice into the chicken. Then toss with Monterey jack cheese.
To make the wraps, place a tortilla on a plate. Top with thinly sliced tomato (if desired) and about ⅓ cup chopped romaine lettuce. Pile the chicken on the lettuce. Fold in the ends of the tortilla and wrap one side tightly over the chicken and vegetables. Roll the rest of the way up. To serve, slice the wrap in half diagonally.
For the slow cooker:
Place the chicken, chicken broth, and seasonings into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours.
Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Proceed as directed above.
Keywords: Southwestern Chicken Wraps
These delicious wraps are the perfect lunch idea! Add chips and/or fruit for a complete lunch meal.
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along.