Salad is one of those things that people either love or hate. I think those that hate salad just haven’t had one they like yet. Grilled chicken berry blue salad is one that is a hearty yet refreshing meal sure to please even a salad hater.
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
You can follow the directions for how to grill chicken but really any leftover chicken will work for this salad. Grill the chicken if you like or use what you have on hand. Grilled chicken will bring a whole extra level of deliciousness to your salad. I like to ask Mr. Travis to grill a whole boatload of chicken for salads and other recipes all at once. Then I can have grilled chicken berry blue salad whenever I want!
Mix all the salad ingredients together. Add the grilled chicken. Toss with salad dressing to coat. If you want to use mine, place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined. Strain if you don’t want seeds in yours. Sit out on your porch, even if it’s a blizzard, to enjoy! Everyone in my family will eat this for a meal it’s so good.Print
Grilled chicken pairs well with berries turning a salad into a refreshing treat!
- 4 thin boneless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 to 16 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
For dressing (or use your favorite)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil on both sides. Rub with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in gallon sized freezer bag and seal. Allow to rest on counter while you prepare the grill OR place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Set up the grill with 2 zones, direct heat and indirect heat. Heat grill to approximately 500 degrees. Oil grates prior to placing the chicken breasts on them.
- Remove chicken breasts from bag and cook directly over heat for 2 minutes on each side. Move chicken to indirect heat and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken breasts from grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare salad dressing by adding all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pulse until pureed and well combined. If desired, strain to remove seeds. Store in refrigerator.
- Toss salad ingredients and serve with dressing.
Keywords: chicken, grill, salad
This Grilled Chicken Berry Blue Salad Recipe was featured in Large Family Meal Plan #1. You can find more large family meal plans here.
This salad is so refreshing that you will make it as often as you can. The berries make it light and delicious. Make a large bowl of it for a satisfying lunch the whole family is sure to enjoy.
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!