This easy Chicken and Brown Rice Bake is so simple that you can throw it together late in the afternoon, and it’ll save dinner time. If you have a little bit more planning time, you can spin this easy large family recipe in several directions.
Today on the new The Large Family Table YouTube Channel I’m sharing the full recipe cooking vlog if you’re interested. Thank you for joining me here one this new adventure! You can read more about why I’m starting the large family table here.
Chicken and Brown Rice Bake Recipe
What you’ll need:
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (you can use whatever chicken you have available)
4 cups dry brown rice
10 cups water
seasonings based on personal preference
6 tablespoons butter
You’ll need two large oven casserole dishes for this meal to make it large family style.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- In each casserole dish pour 2 cups of dry brown rice, plus 5 cups water.
- Place 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast directly on top of the brown rice and water.
- Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, salt/pepper, on top of the uncooked chicken breast (this is where you can change up seasonings based on preference).
- Spoon on 3 tablespoons of butter in each baking dish. This will melt into your rice and chicken during baking.
- Cover each oven casserole dish with two sheets of aluminum foil. Make sure the foil is very tight. This will hold in the steam that will cook the brown rice to perfection!
- Place both casserole baking dishes in the oven to bake at 400 degrees for one hour.
During the hour this recipe is in the oven you can fix a salad or steamed vegetables to go along with the meal. After one hour carefully remove both baking dishes from your oven. As I caution in the video, there will be a lot of steam build up under the foil. Very carefully, and without little children helping, pull back the foil to reveal the lovely chicken and brown rice bake!
I served our meal with a steamed side of mixed peas, corn, and carrots from the ALDI steamable vegetable pouches.
Watch the full Chicken and Brown Rice Bake Recipe
Click here to watch the full Chicken and Brown Rice Bake Recipe ~ Large Family Style!