These muffins are so delicious you will be ecstatic to find them in your freezer stash. That is, if they aren’t all consumed first.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips, plus additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes. Allow to rest in muffin tin for 5 mins before removing to cooling rack.
Want to make these dairy free? Use milk substitute and dairy free chocolate chips ( Enjoy Life makes them)
Keywords: breakfast, muffins