I mentioned in my country garden tour post that we are blessed with an abundance of squash.
Tonight alone we picked 14.
I wanted to share an easy squash recipe that I’ve used to add a little flair to our squash infused lives.
An easy squash casserole that even the kids will love!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 3-eggs, beaten
- 1-cup, milk
- 1/4-cup, butter, melted
- 4-5 medium yellow squash
- 1/2-cup, chopped onion
- 2-sleeves of crackers
- 2-cups of shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onion and squash in large covered pan until tender. Drain once tender. Set aside in bowl.
- Stir one sleeve of crumbled crackers, and 1-cup of shredded cheese, into squash and onion mixture.
- In separate bowl mix 1/4-cup melted butter, 1-cup milk, and 3-beaten eggs. Then add to squash mixture.
- Pour squash mixture into 9×13 baking dish. Top with 1-sleeve of crumbled crackers and 1-cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes at 350.
I used 2-sleeves of crackers and extra cheese to encourage two of our children who are less-than-amused with squash. The result – big hit! You can easily adapt this recipe to fit your family needs.
Need more garden recipes? Have a look at my skinny soup!