Grilled chicken pairs well with berries turning a salad into a refreshing treat!
- 4 thin boneless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 to 16 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
For dressing (or use your favorite)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil on both sides. Rub with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in gallon sized freezer bag and seal. Allow to rest on counter while you prepare the grill OR place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Set up the grill with 2 zones, direct heat and indirect heat. Heat grill to approximately 500 degrees. Oil grates prior to placing the chicken breasts on them.
- Remove chicken breasts from bag and cook directly over heat for 2 minutes on each side. Move chicken to indirect heat and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken breasts from grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare salad dressing by adding all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pulse until pureed and well combined. If desired, strain to remove seeds. Store in refrigerator.
- Toss salad ingredients and serve with dressing.
Keywords: chicken, grill, salad