Enjoy this wonderful Burrito Pie Freezer Meal with your large family! One 19 x 11 pan feeds our family of ten once with a few leftovers. It’s a family favorite.
- Five bags of 10 tortillas (50 tortillas total)
- 10 lbs of cooked ground beef
- 2-3 diced green peppers
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup of taco seasoning (yes, this is for all of that meat! I buy taco seasoning in bulk or you can make homemade)
- Four 16-oz cans of refried beans
- Four 7-oz cans of green chilies
- 12 cups of shredded provolone cheese
- Four 16-oz packs of sliced pepper jack cheese (each pack has 24 slices)
To Make Burrito Pie Meat Mixture
- Cook 10 lbs of ground beef along with 2-3 diced green pepper, onion, and 1 cup of taco seasoning. I cook my ground beef in a variety of ways (slow cooker, pressure cooker, roaster oven, conventional oven, or two big pans on the stove).
- Once ground beef is fully cooked, crumbled, and drained add in and mix thoroughly four 16-oz cans of refried beans.
To Assemble The Burrito Pie Freezer Meals
- Layer the bottom of each deep dish pan with 6 flat tortillas
- Add a layer of meat mixture on top of tortillas
- On top of meat mixture spread out approximately 15 slices of pepper jack cheese
- Top cheese slices with about 1/2 of one 7-oz can of green chilies
- Start next layer with 6 flat tortillas
- Repeat steps above
- End with 6 tortillas topped off with 4 cups of shredded cheese. Use your favorite shredded cheese. In this recipe, I used shredded provolone.
- To eat right away place pan in preheated oven at 375 with a tented foil lid for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove foil lid and allow Burrito Pie to cook an additional 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Freezer meal directions below
FREEZER MEAL STORAGE DIRECTIONS
- Allow your meals to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Wrap each pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with recipe name and date.
- Wrap each pan with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
FREEZER COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Set the pan out in the refrigerator the evening before you’d like to serve them.
- Preheat your oven to 375 (oven times may vary).
- Remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil.
- Place in preheated oven for 1 hour or until heated through.