Enjoy a dairy-free large family meal without all the extra carbs when you prepare the Large Family Low Carb Cashew Chicken Casserole. It is just as flavorful as it stands and will quickly become a huge hit in your household!
Would you like to make a low carb meal that is also dairy-free? Whether you are lactose intolerant or simply trying to cut down on dairy consumption, the Large Family Low Carb Cashew Chicken Casserole is one recipe you need to make. It is safe to eat while following a keto diet and looking for Keto meals, but loaded with flavor and great for both kids and adults. This would also make a great Trim Healthy Mama Friendly meal!
It is a simple, flavorful meal full of ingredients that are naturally good for you. It might remind you of your favorite Chinese food takeout restaurant without all the excess oil and unhealthy ingredients. When you need a good low carb dish that will impress your children and feed your large family, this is the recipe to make.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Ingredients to Use When Preparing the Low Carb Cashew Chicken Casserole
Make sure to get the right ingredients to prepare the Large Family Low Carb Cashew Chicken Casserole. You will need to have these ingredients ready to use:
- Boneless Chicken Thighs Without the Skin. Chicken thighs are even more flavorful than chicken breasts and will make this dish taste great. Try making a whole chicken in the instant pot and using the leftovers in this casserole.
- Green Peppers. Remove the seeds and cut your green peppers down into slices before adding them to this dish.
- Red Bell Pepper. Please do the same thing with the red bell pepper that you will do with your green peppers, removing the seeds and slicing the pepper down.
- Frozen Broccoli. Add frozen broccoli to make this dish even healthier with the perfect texture.
- Liquid Aminos. The liquid aminos taste a lot like soy sauce and will bring flavor to the dish.
- Cashews. You can chop the cashews into smaller pieces before mixing them with the other ingredients, including the chicken, peppers, and broccoli.
Along with these ingredients, you will need to have olive oil, onions, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, ground ginger, minced garlic, chili sauce, and sliced green onions.
How to Store Cashew Chicken Casserole in the Freezer
When you have leftovers or want to prep the meal days or weeks in advance, you can do that by storing the Large Family Low Carb Chicken Casserole in the refrigerator or freezer. You can keep the food in a casserole dish with foil on top if you are putting it in the fridge. Ensure the foil covers the casserole dish completely and is tightly sealed to keep air from getting into the container and on the food.
When you want to store the casserole in the freezer, you should remove the food from the casserole dish and put it in a food storage container. You will need a large food storage container with an airtight lid that will fit into your freezer. Depending on how much of the casserole you have left to freeze, you may need to use more than one container to store it in the freezer until you are ready to pull it out, defrost it, and reheat it.
Here are more Low Carb meals your large family will enjoy!
- Large Family Low Carb Creamy Pork Casserole
- Large Family Low Carb Sausage and Peppers Casserole
- Low Carb King Ranch Casserole Large Family Ham and Gruyere Crustless Quiche
- Low Carb Five Guys Cheeseburger Casserole
- find all the Large Family Low Carb recipes here!
Large Family Low Carb Cashew Chicken CasserolePrint
Enjoy a dairy-free meal without all the extra carbs when you prepare the Large Family Low Carb Cashew Chicken Casserole. It is just as flavorful as it stands and will quickly become a huge hit in your household!
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon PLUS ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet in batches and brown on all sides.
Transfer chicken to the casserole dishes, dividing between the two dishes.
In the casserole dishes, toss the chicken together with the bell peppers, broccoli, and onions.
In a mason jar or bowl, mix together the rice wine vinegar, liquid aminos, sesame oil, ground ginger, and chili garlic sauce. Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with cashews.
Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
Garnish with sliced green onions. Serve over cauliflower rice, if desired.
Keywords: Cashew Chicken Casserole
This low carb casserole is full of flavor and makes plenty of food for a large family meal. Make a double batch and throw a second meal in the freezer for later.
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.