This large family breakfast freezer meal recipe makes two 9×13 Sausage & Cheese Quiche bakes! Use one Sausage & Cheese Quiche now and freeze the 2nd one for later.
- 4 pre-made refrigerated pie crusts (I use premade pie crusts similar to these)
- 6 cups shredded cheese
- 2 pounds fully cooked sausage
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Teaspoon of pepper
- 24 eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- Cover the bottoms of two 9 x 13 baking pans with pre-made pie crust sheets.
- Sprinkle two cups of cheese of each 9×13 pan.
- Next, cover each 9 x 13 pan with a 1 pound layer of cooked ground sausage.
- In mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well blended. Pour half the mixture over one 9 x 13 pan, and the other half of the mixture over the other 9 x 13 pan.
- Top each quiche with another cup each of shredded cheese.
- To bake immediately, place quiche in preheated oven at 400°. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. You can always insert a knife into the center and watch for it to come out clean.
- To freeze, wrap and two layers of foil and two layers of plastic wrap, labeled appropriately. Place in freezer until time needed. When you need these quiches, set one out into the freezer the day before. I’m cooking day place in preheated oven at 400°, possibly increasing cooking time to 45 minutes or so, based on the amount of thawing previously.