Do you want to build a snowman? Everyone loves snowmen at Christmas. The next ornament in our Christmas Crafts Kids Can Make series will make for a fun family activity that both big and small kids can do easily. Make some hot chocolate to sip while making your clear filled snowman ornament craft a special treat. #momwin
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here! Get packs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9!**
Gather all your supplies and your people at the table. Remove the cap from the glass ornament. Using the funnel, fill the ball with snow beads. Secure the cap back on or you will have snow beads everywhere. Trust me, you don’t want that to happen. Nothing like finding snow beads while deep cleaning. It’s probably hanging out with the glitter from the Christmas tree handprint ornaments.
To make the cap, wrap chenille stems around the top 1/4 of the glass ornament. Don’t glue as you go. Wrap first, set aside, then glue. Creating this spiral first will help create a tighter spiral giving it a more polished look. Any glue is fine. We used hot glue so it would stay in place and dry faster. Large family mamas have to save their patience for their little blessings not use it all up on waiting for glue to dry. Who has time for that? Not this mama.
Look at your glued chenille stems for a spot that looks less than stellar. This is where you glue the pom pom to finish off the hat look. Now the whole cap looks stellar and you are ready to move on to the fun part, painting the face.
Dip your cotton swab into the black acrylic paint. Use it to make 2 dots for the eyes and several for the mouth. Dip the other end of the cotton swab into the orange acrylic paint. Use that end to make the orange nose to symbolize the carrot nose. Admire your cute clear filled snowman ornament while it dries then hang it on the tree.Print
Easy snowman ornaments that everyone in the family can make. Just like real snowmen, no two are alike.
- clear plastic or glass ball ornaments
- orange acrylic paint
- black acrylic paint
- cotton swab
- red and green chenille stems
- red and green pom poms
- glue (we used hot glue)
- white foam snow pebbles
- Remove the cap from the ornament. Using the funnel, fill the clear ornament with snow pebbles. Replace the cap.
- Wrap chenille stems around the cap of the ornament creating a loose spiral.
- Remove the chenille stems and set aside. Creating this spiral helps create a neater wrap around the ornament.
- Using glue, attach the chenille stems in circular rows beginning at the cap and covering about 1/4 of the ornament.
- On one side, attach a pom pom to the chenille stems with glue.
- Once the hat is set, use your cotton swab to paint a face on the front.
- Allow to dry completely before hanging.
Aren’t they cute? Let everyone make one then use the black end of the cotton swab or a Sharpie to write their name and the date on the back. One more fun ornament to add to your handmade Christmas tree or gift to grandparents. Whatever you do with it is sure to be a hit.
Make the other ornaments in the series too!
See the other homemade Christmas ornaments in the series!
Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments