Who says you can’t eat dessert while following the keto diet? Try these delicious Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites that are low-carb and absolutely delicious!
****Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off the entire meal time sanity-saving MASSIVE MEGA 40+ Product Bundle which includes the best-selling Large Family Freezer Meal Packs 1-15 + so much more!!****
Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites
If you love a traditional Boston Cream Pie for dessert, but you are following a low-carb diet, then you need to try these! These Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites have a crisp outer layer with a sweet creamy inside and decadent chocolate topping that is sure to remind you of those wonderful Boston Cream Pies you love. Because these bites are low carb and Keto, you can easily satisfy your sweet tooth with this tasty recipe. And because this is written for large families in mind, you can enjoy your Boston Cream Pie Bites in a mega sized recipe!
What Ingredients do I Need for Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites?
When preparing the crust, you should have these important ingredients:
- Almond Flour. The keto-friendly flour alternative tastes great when used to prepare crusts.
- Coconut Flour. Combine almond flour with coconut flour to give it an even better taste.
- Granulated Stevia. Instead of sugar, avoid the carbs by using granulated stevia.
- Almond Milk. Use unsweetened almond milk to prepare the crust.
- Vanilla. Adding a hint of vanilla will make this crust even sweeter.
For the yummy filling you will need:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
You can easily make the chocolate topping to complete the pies with sugar-free dark chocolate chips, heavy cream, and a bit of butter.
Do I Have to Use Dark Chocolate Chips?
If you don’t want to use dark chocolate chips for the chocolate topping, sugar-free milk chocolate chips are also low carb. However, the dark chocolate is the signature chocolate and flavor used on traditoinal boston cream pies.
How Do I Make the Chocolate Layer?
The chocolate layer is actually super easy! You first heat your heavy cream in a saucepan before adding the chocolate and butter to it. You’ll need to pay close attention to this process because you don’t want your chocolate to get too hot. Just make sure you are mixing well until smooth and then simply remove the saucepan from the heat. After your chocolate and cream is all mixed together, you’re ready to add your chocolate layer to your dessert. Easy peasy!
How Many Carbs Are in a Single Serving?
A single serving is actually TWO of the Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites. This means that each serving has just 3.9 g carbs! These bites are the perfect snack for when you want to follow a low carb/keto diet and still enjoy something sweet. Amen and amen.
How Do I Store the Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites?
Put the Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites in a large food storage container and cover the container with a lid. You can put the pie bites in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for up to five days. Enjoy them as a quick snack between meals or a dessert after dinner. Although they are a keto-friendly treat, everyone in the household can enjoy them, even those who are not following a low-carb diet.
Looking for More Low Carb/Sugar Free Desserts?
If you enjoyed this Low Carb Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites recipe, you need to check out my 10 Low Carb & Sugar Free Desserts Baking Pack – DIGITAL BOOK 1!! These recipes are all low-carb and Keto-friendly. Every dessert in this pack tastes so amazing! Your family won’t even know these desserts are low-carb because they taste so good. Plus they are so easy to make. This low-carb baking book includes 10 large family recipes to make that include photos, a clickable table of contents, and an ingredient list. All with the large family in mind.
Here are more low carb desserts to try:
- Low Carb Snickerdoodles
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake (Low Carb)
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Thin Mints
- Don’t miss these large family low carb desserts!
Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie BitesPrint
Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites | Low Carb, THM-S, Keto
- Prep Time: 40min
- Cook Time: 1hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1hr 45min
- Yield: 32
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Who says you can’t eat pie while following the keto diet? Try these delicious Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites that are low-carb and absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated Stevia
- 2 egg
- 3/4 cup Almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated Stevia
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 separate 8×8-baking pans with parchment paper.
- Start by making the crust layer by beating the butter and sweetener in a bowl until creamy.
- Next add in the egg, vanilla extract and almond milk and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder and mix to fully combine. Transfer to the 2 prepared pans and spread equal amounts into an even layer in each pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 °F
- Start the cream filling. Beat the cream cheese and sweetener until creamy and smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the cream filling over the crust and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow time for it to fully cool. Once cooled refrigerate overnight to allow the cream to fully set.
- Using a sauce pan make the chocolate layer by adding heavy cream and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and butter, stirring until melted.
- Pour over the cream filling.
- Refrigerate until set.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. It is based on third-party calculations and should only be considered general estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with food brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more factors.
Keywords: Large Family Keto Boston Cream Pie Bites | Low Carb, THM-S, Keto
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.