Make a cheesy chicken casserole that your family will devour with this Large Family Fiesta Chicken Casserole recipe. You will have plenty of food to go around when preparing this dinner dish.
Do you want to make a casserole that will impress loved ones and offer more than enough servings for everyone? Feed your large family with this tasty Large Family Fiesta Chicken Casserole recipe. It contains chicken breast, black beans, cheddar cheese, and other ingredients that are good for you. Not only will this easy meal leave you with a full stomach, but it will also satisfy your craving for a fiesta-style meal.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Fiesta Chicken Casserole
You will need a few simple ingredients to make the Fiesta Chicken Casserole, including:
- Chicken Breast. Use boneless, skinless chicken breast in this dish. If you buy your chicken in bulk, then here are more chicken meals to use up your extras.
- Cream of Chicken Soup. Give your casserole a perfectly creamy texture with the cream of chicken soup.
- Black Beans. Be sure to rinse and drain the black beans before adding them to your dish. If you like black beans, then try my Black Bean Nachos.
- Prepared Salsa. Use two cups of your favorite salsa in this casserole dish.
- Frozen Corn. Add a bag of frozen corn for an added touch of sweetness. If you have fresh corn on the cob, you can make it in the instant pot and cut it off the cob for this recipe. You can also use canned corn.
The only other ingredients needed are unprepared white rice, water, salt, pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, and cilantro. You may also want to add a bit of paprika to the casserole, but it is optional.
Can I Add a Few Extra Ingredients?
You absolutely can add a few extra ingredients to this tasty Fiesta Chicken Casserole. You may want to add a few dollops of sour cream into the mixture with the chicken or on top when it’s finished. A few other ingredients that go with this easy meal include avocado slices, peppers, or black olives. If you love spicy foods, you may want to add some diced jalapenos to the casserole dish.
Can I Use Any Shredded Cheese?
The recipe calls for shredded cheddar cheese, but you can use other shredded cheese varieties. Sharp cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and fiesta blend cheese are three other great options to use.
How to Freeze the Casserole
Assemble the freezer-friendly casserole as instructed below. Then, before you bake it, cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, wrap it in plastic, then again with foil. Then put it in the freezer. You can keep the Fiesta Chicken Casserole in your freezer for up to three months. Be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before removing the foil and plastic wrap before placing it in the oven, and baking it as directed.
Here are More Casseroles Your Large Family will Enjoy!
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Spinach and Cheese Strata
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Sausage and Pepperoni Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
Large Family Fiesta Chicken CasserolePrint
Make a cheesy chicken casserole that your family will devour with this Large Family Fiesta Chicken Casserole recipe. You will have plenty of food to go around when preparing this dish.
- 4 to 5 pounds (1 family pack) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- Paprika, if desired
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together the soup, black beans, salsa, corn, rice and water. Divide between the two casserole dishes.
Place chicken on top of the rice mixture and sprinkle with paprika, salt, and black pepper as desired.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, stirring the rice mixture around the chicken halfway through the cooking time. Check for doneness of the chicken and rice. Continue baking an additional 10 to 15 minutes if needed. (Cooking time depends on the size of the chicken breast.)
Remove from the oven, uncover, and top with cheese. Allow the casseroles to rest as the cheese melts.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired.
How to freeze: Cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. If using glass baking dishes, place on the counter as the oven preheats. Remove the aluminum foil. Follow the above instructions to bake.
Keywords: Large Family Fiesta Chicken Casserole
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.