Soothe your soul with this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe. It is flavorful comfort food that tastes better than any canned version you can find.
If you would like to make a comforting food that is perfect to have on a cold day or rainy day, this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe is just right. It consists of a creamy base with chunks of chicken, assorted vegetables, and dumplings made from biscuit dough. It has a thicker consistency that will leave you full when you have this meal for lunch or dinner. Serve with a layered salad and a slice of French bread to complete your meal!
What You Will Need to Make the Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
You can make the Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings with the following ingredients:
- Chicken Breast. Use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this dish.
- Cream of Chicken Soup. The canned cream of chicken soup adds a creamy consistency to the Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings.
- Onion. Dice your onion into small pieces before adding it into the slow cooker.
- Mixed Vegetables. Grab a bag of mixed veggies that you can toss into your slow cooker.
- Refrigerated Biscuit Dough. Cut the dough into small pieces before tossing it in with the other ingredients.
You will also need chicken stock and butter to complete the Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe.
Can I Make the Cream of Chicken?
If you do not want to use canned cream of chicken, you can prepare it from scratch with simple ingredients. You would need chicken stock, garlic powder, all-purpose flour, and salted butter to prepare a homemade version that will taste great. It does not take long to make cream of chicken from scratch, but there is also nothing wrong with using the canned version to make this meal.
Which Mixed Vegetables Are Best to Use?
Although you can use any frozen mixed vegetables that you like, a bag full of corn, chopped carrots, and sweet peas is perfect. These vegetables are good for you and add flavor to the dish! If you do not like a specific vegetable, leave it out. You can always just use a bag of frozen peas or a bag of frozen corn.
How to Freeze the Chicken and Dumplings
Freeze the Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings before preparing it by adding all ingredients to a large freezer bag, except for the biscuit dough. You can freeze the ingredients for a maximum of three months. Place the bag of ingredients into your fridge and let the ingredients thaw for 12-24 hours before putting them in the slow cooker. You may then add the chopped pieces of biscuit dough to the slow cooker. I have many more large family freezer meals to try!
Here are more large family recipes to try!
- Large Family Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Large Family Easy Lasagna Freezer Meal Recipe
- EGGPLANT LASAGNA | LOW CARB, THM S-MEAL
- Big Family Mexican Zucchini Lasagna
- Chicken, Mushroom, and Spinach Lasagna
- Large Family Cabbage Lasagna Freezer Meal Recipe
Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken and DumplingsPrint
Soothe your soul with this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe. It is a flavorful comfort food that tastes better than any canned version you can find.
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 (10 ¾ ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 to 4 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuit dough, cut into pieces
Place all ingredients EXCEPT the biscuit dough into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
Remove the lid and shred the chicken or cut into bite-size pieces. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and add the dough, stirring together and pressing the dough towards the bottom.
Continue cooking until the dough is cooked through and the broth has thickened.
How to freeze: Place all ingredients EXCEPT the biscuit dough in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer ingredients to the prepared slow cooker and follow the directions about to cook.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Freezer Meal
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.