If you want to make a creamy pasta dish for your loved one, try this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Freezer Meal. It is a cheesy, tasty dinner dish that will impress everyone.
Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
While you may normally prepare spaghetti with a pasta sauce and ground beef, this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Freezer Meal uses different ingredients. You can try something new while preparing a cheesy, creamy meal that is easy to throw together. Instead of cooking in the oven, you can add all your ingredients into the slow cooker and allow your meal to cook for several hours. Serve with a side of garlic knots or garlic bread, made with homemade bread, to complete your home-cooked meal!
Ingredients Needed to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
If you would like to try the Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti, you will need to use the following ingredients:
- Cream of Mushroom Soup. Use any brand of cream of mushroom soup. You will need to add four cans to your slow cooker.
- Tomatoes with Green Chiles. Grab a can of tomatoes with green chiles to add a slightly acidic touch to the meal.
- Chicken. Cut your chicken into small pieces. Find more chicken recipes to make with your leftover chicken.
- Cream Cheese. Chop a brick of cream cheese into cubed pieces before adding it into the slow cooker.
- Velveeta Cheese. Do the same with your velveeta cheese, chopping a block of it into pieces.
- Spaghetti. Grab two boxes of spaghetti for this recipe. The brand of the spaghetti does not matter!
You will also need garlic powder, onion powder, and sharp cheddar cheese to add to your slow cooker with the other ingredients.
Can I Use Cream of Chicken?
If you do not like mushrooms, you can replace the cream of mushroom soup with cream of chicken, cream of broccoli, or cream of celery. Use whichever one of these creamy soups that you like the most. It is also possible to make the cream of mushroom from scratch instead of using the canned version.
Which Type of Chicken Should I Use?
It is a good idea to use boneless, skinless chicken breast when making the Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti. It is easier to chop into pieces, especially after adding it to the slow cooker for several hours with your cream cheese and the cream of mushroom.
How Long Does It Take to Make?
Prepping your ingredients will likely take five minutes or less. Once you have everything added to the slow cooker, you can set your slow cooker to low and cook for a minimum of four hours and a maximum of six hours.
How to Freeze the Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
To make ahead and freeze the Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Freezer Meal, place all of the ingredients into a large freezer bag, except the spaghetti and cheddar cheese. You can put the bag in your freezer and leave it frozen for up to three months. It does need to thaw for several hours in the fridge before you can add it to the slow cooker, toss in your spaghetti, add your cheddar cheese, and set it to cook. Be sure to add this freezer meal to your large family menu.
Here are More Slow Cooker Meals Your Family will Enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Slow Cooker Engagement Chicken with White Wine Gravy
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Cabbage and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Stroganoff
Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Freezer MealPrint
If you want to make a creamy pasta dish for your loved one, try this Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Freezer Meal. It is a cheesy, tasty dish that will impress everyone.
- 4 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (32 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 (16 ounce) packages spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Place the soup, tomatoes, garlic powder, and onion powder into the slow cooker. Stir together.
Place chicken over the top of the soup mixture. Dot the top with cream cheese and Velvetta cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or just until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the spaghetti as directed and drain.
Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces or shred. Return the chicken and the cooked and drained spaghetti to the slow cooker and stir. The slow cooker will be VERY full.
Top with cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
How to freeze: Place all ingredients EXCEPT the spaghetti and cheddar cheese in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer ingredients to the prepared slow cooker and follow the directions about to cook.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.