I decided to take some time to show you how to make one-pot spaghetti in the pressure cookers. I want to show you how to make it in the 8 qt Instant Pot and in the 14 qt electric pressure cooker. That way, no matter which one you have, you can get your people fed. Let’s start with spaghetti in the Instant Pot, shall we?
Get the Best-Selling Large Family Freezer Meals Collection here! Use promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order.
Spaghetti in the Instant Pot
Making both of these recipes to show you will make a ton of spaghetti. I do not normally make this much spaghetti for my family at once. I would pick one of them to use at a time. If I want leftovers then the 14 qt electric pressure cooker gets the nod. If I want enough for one meal, the Instant Pot is my choice. I know what you’re thinking. Jamerrill, what are you going to do with all that leftover spaghetti? Never fear, whatever is left after lunch the next day can be turned into freezer baked spaghetti with just a few simple ingredients,
So grab whatever pressure cooker you are using. The cooking steps are the same, you just use more ingredients for the larger one. Turn your pot to saute and throw your ground beef, onion, and dry seasonings in to brown as well as mingle and marry. Drain the beef if necessary before the next step. Don’t have ground beef? Use ground sausage, ground turkey, whatever.
Now follow this layer scenario. Ground beef on the bottom, 2 cups water, 2 cans spaghetti sauce, broken spaghetti noodles, 2 more cups water then the last 2 cans of sauce. Set the Instant Pot at manual high for 10 mins. Quick release. Mix gently and serve.Print
You will love the quick ease of making one-pot spaghetti in the Instant Pot for your family! For my large family of 9 still at home this recipe leaves hardly nothing in the way of leftovers. If you want some leftovers be sure to check out the 14 qt electric pressure cooker recipe as well!
- 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- Teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning.
- 32 ounces/2 pounds total of dry spaghetti
- 4-24 ounce cans of spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups of water
- Heat up Instant pot on saute mode, add 1 tablespoon of oil, 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef and one medium onion, chopped.
- Throw in your teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning.
- After meat is cooked, and drained if need be, layer 2 cups water, 2 cans spaghetti sauce, broken spaghetti noodles ( do not stir ), two more cups of water, and then two more cans of spaghetti sauce on the top.
- Set Instant Pot to 10 minutes manual high, quick release
You’ll need to gently mix the meat from the bottom throughout your one-pot dinner! This takes me about a minute.
Keywords: Large Family, Instant Pot, Spaghetti
This is not a saucy kind of spaghetti. If you’re family likes it saucy then add more to their plates. We have sauce lovers, shaky cheese lovers, and we just love spaghetti people. Serve as is or add some garlic bread.
14 Qt Electric Pressure Cooker Large Family Spaghetti Recipe
In the larger pressure cooker, you follow the same steps but with larger quantities. It also cooks for 12 minutes on Manual High with a quick release. In this part, I remind you that all the meat is in the bottom. Mix gently! You don’t want to mash the noodles and have spaghetti mush. No one likes that!Print
This 14 Qt electric pressure cooker one-pot spaghetti recipe makes around 20 to 24 servings. If you have leftovers for making baked spaghetti for the freezer as well!
- 5 lbs ground beef
- onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning
- 8-24 ounce cans of spaghetti sauce
- 64 oz, 4 lbs dry Noodles
- 8 cups water
- Heat up electric pressure cooker on saute mode, 2 tablespoon of oil, 5 pounds of ground beef and one medium onion, chopped.
- Add 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning.
- After meat is cooked, and drained if need be, layer 4 cups water, broken spaghetti noodles ( do not stir ),4 cans spaghetti sauce, 4 more cups of water, and then 4 more cans of spaghetti sauce on the top.
- 12 mins manual high, quick release
*Remember that you’ll need to take a minute to gently mix the sauce and meat with the noodles.
Voila! Spaghetti for dinner AND for leftovers. Everyone is full and happy including mama. Is this faster than regular stovetop spaghetti? Well, once you put on to pressurize, you are free to walk away and do other things. Bonus points that it’s all in one pot. Clean up is a breeze and that makes this mama happy! Yes and amen!
Looking for more Instant Pot/ 14 qt electric pressure cooker recipes?
I’m a large family homeschooling mom of 8, and I’ve been in the trenches feeding lots of kids all day long for years. That’s why I know you’ll be super blessed by the large family freezer meal packs that take you from zero plan and nothing in the freezer to jam-packed freezer and knowing what’s for dinner in advance every night!