Save money and make your own Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls. Who needs Chipotle when you can make these flavorful bowls at home for the family?!
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pintos, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (I used Spanish rice)
- Guacamole (your favorite brand or homemade)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced limes
- Freshly chopped cilantro
In a slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray, dump the chicken, seasoning, beans, salsa, and green chilies.
Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
Using two forks, shred the chicken and mix everything together.
Serve in a bowl with rice, guacamole, sliced tomatoes and lime. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
To freeze, place the chicken, seasoning, beans, salsa, and green chilies into a freezer bag. Remove the air from the bag and freeze flat. May be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Once fully defrosted just follow the cooking steps above.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls