Save money and make your own Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls. Who needs Chipotle when you can make these flavorful bowls at home for the family?! You will also love these Large Family Steak Fajita Bowls!
If you and your loved ones enjoy going out for burrito bowls, I’ve got great news. You can make them at home and keep them in your freezer for a lot less money! These Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls are easy to throw in the slow cooker . What a great addition to your big family weekly meal plan and so helpful in feeding your large family.
These bowls are wholesome, full of healthy ingredients, and loaded with flavor. You can serve these bowls for lunch or dinner to your family. You might even want to customize the bowls based on specific preferences that your loved ones have.
Ingredients You Will Need to Make the Southwestern Chicken Bowls
If you want to make the Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls, be sure to have these ingredients:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast. Use the chicken breast as the meat and protein source for these delicious bowls.
- Pinto Beans. Make sure you rinse the pinto beans before preparing them for these tasty southwestern bowls.
- Black Beans. The black beans are the perfect addition to these bowls, offering both flavor and nutrients to make the meal even healthier.
- Frozen Corn. Add frozen corn because of its slightly sweet taste and the added texture that it provides.
- Chunky Salsa. Use your favorite brand of chunky salsa for this recipe.
- Guacamole. Like the salsa, you can choose your favorite brand of guacamole or make it from scratch.
- Cooked Rice. Use any rice that you prefer. We like Instant Pot brown rice or Cauliflower Rice.
You will also need several other ingredients, including fresh cilantro, sliced limes, sliced tomatoes, green chilies, salt, pepper, and ground cumin.
How to Store Your Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls
You can freeze the Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls to keep them fresh. If you plan to freeze the food, place the chicken, seasoning, beans, green chilies, and salsa together into a large food storage bag with zipper seals. Remove all the excess air from the bag and place it in the freezer. It can stay in the freezer for up to three months. When you plan on eating the food, let it defrost in the fridge for the night before you reheat it, then follow the steps in the recipe card below.
Different Variations of the Southwestern Chicken Bowls
You can make several different variations of these Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls based on the ingredients you decide to use.
For example, you can use white rice, Spanish-style rice, or Instant Pot brown rice when it comes to rice. If you would like to skip the rice and replace it with a low-carb alternative, you can always use riced cauliflower.
Although the chicken is excellent (we have lots more chicken recipes!) when added to these bowls, you can skip it if you are vegetarian or even replace it with a different type of meat that you have available if you would like to. You may want to sprinkle some of your favorite shredded cheese on top as a garnish and finishing touch to these bowls.
You might also like to add avocado, salsa, different types of cheeses, lettuce alternatives like spinach, or peppers and onions. Be creative and make it how you like it. This is a great meal to set out the toppings and let everyone make their own bowl. Make-ahead meals are easy for mama and a great cooking experience for the kids.
Large Family Slow Cooker Dinners and Meal Plans Vol 1, 2, 3 Bundle
This brand new bundle includes:
- *60 Large Family Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes (Chicken, Beef, & Pork),
- *Helpful Slow Cooker Tips and Tricks Guide,
- *12 Week Dinner Meal Plan (5 nights of meals each week with 2 nights “off” for leftovers, dinner out, etc)
- *12 Planned Out Weekly, 6 Bi-Weekly, and 3 Once-A-Month Grocery Shopping Lists,
- + extra printable planning pages!
Here are more slow cooker and freezer meals your large family will enjoy!
- Large Family Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Sandwiches
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Taco Casserole
- Instant Pot Cheesy Burrito Pasta Recipe
- Baked Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Millionaire Spaghetti Casserole
Check out more of our Make-Ahead Chicken Dinners!
Large Family Southwestern Chicken BowlsPrint
Save money and make your own Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls. Who needs Chipotle when you can make these flavorful bowls at home for the family?!
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pintos, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (I used Spanish rice)
- Guacamole (your favorite brand or homemade)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced limes
- Freshly chopped cilantro
In a slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray, dump the chicken, seasoning, beans, salsa, and green chilies.
Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
Using two forks, shred the chicken and mix everything together.
Serve in a bowl with rice, guacamole, sliced tomatoes and lime. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
To freeze, place the chicken, seasoning, beans, salsa, and green chilies into a freezer bag. Remove the air from the bag and freeze flat. May be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Once fully defrosted just follow the cooking steps above.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Southwestern Chicken Bowls
These bowls are so fun and versatile! Your family will enjoy making their own bowls. This is the perfect family game night recipe. Here are even more slow cooker recipes to feed a big family!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.