Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Are you a chili lover? It’s one dish that you may like eating a lot because it’s wholesome, flavorful, and just a slight bit spicy. If you’re looking for different ways to make chili, you need to try this Large Family Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe. It’s a simple recipe made with some of the freshest ingredients you can find. Not only is the chili delicious, but it’s also good for you because it contains several healthy ingredients. When you make this meal, you can rest assured that you’re serving something nutritious and tasty for the family.
What You’ll Need to Make White Chicken Chili
Be sure to have these important ingredients ready to use to make the Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
- Chicken Breast. Use boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into pieces for this recipe.
- Chicken Broth. Add two cups of low-sodium chicken to your slow cooker.
- Sweet Onion. Dice your sweet onion into small pieces.
- Celery. Grab a stalk of celery and chop it into pieces before tossing it into the slow cooker.
- Jalapeno. Remove the seeds and dice the jalapeno into small pieces.
- Salsa Verde. Use a 16-ounce jar of salsa verde in this recipe.
You’re going to need a few other ingredients, including cannellini beans, pinto beans, ground cumin, oregano, red pepper, black pepper, cilantro, and Monterey jack cheese. With these ingredients, you’ll create the perfect blend for your Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. of course, if you are making this recipe dairy-free you will not need the cheese.
How long will the chili need to cook?
You can put the slow cooker on high and cook the chili for two hours, or you can cook it on low for four hours, depending on how fast you’d like to prepare it.
Can I use chicken thighs?
It’s best to use boneless, skinless chicken breast that you can cut into pieces. If you only have chicken thighs, you can use them, but you’ll need to remove any skin and chop the chicken thighs into pieces. It’s also possible to use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
What should I serve on and with my chili?
Several fresh toppings taste great when added on top of a bowl of chili. There are lots of things you can add to the chili that keeps it dairy-free. You can add diced red onion, cilantro, crackers, lettuce, corn, or even fresh avocado slices to your chili. If you don’t mind dairy, then add shredded cheddar cheese or a dollop of sour cream.You might want to serve the chili with a side of tortilla chips or cornbread that you can dip into it!
Is this chili spicy?
This chili has a slight kick to it from the jalapenos, but it’s not too spicy. If you’re worried about it being too spicy for you or some of your children, you don’t have to use as much of the diced jalapenos.
Here are more large family soups to try!
- Quinoa Tortellini Sausage Soup
- Thai Coconut Peanut Stew
- Easy Homemade Family Chili Recipe
- Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Low Carb Bacon Chicken Stew
- Here are more Soup Recipes to try and Bread to go with your soup.
Large Family Slow Cooker White Chicken ChiliPrint
Enjoy a comforting and flavorful meal with this Large Family Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe. It’s easy enough to prepare with the right ingredients and a slow cooker to use to combine them.
- 4 to 6 cups boneless, skinless cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 sweet onion, diced fine
- 2 stalk celery, diced fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño, seeded and diced fine
- 2 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 4 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (leave this off if making dairy-free)
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for garnishing if desired
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker EXCEPT for the cheese.
Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Stir in the cheese until melted and smooth.
Serve topped with additional cheese, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro, if desired.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.