Does your family enjoy taco night? If everyone loves eating tacos, they will enjoy this Large Family taco Macaroni Casserole Freezer Meals recipe that you can prepare with ease. The recipe allows you to combine the great taste of taco meat using ground beef and taco seasoning with other ingredients to make a delicious casserole, such as cheese, elbow macaroni noodles, and black beans. You can quickly and effortlessly put this meal together and allow it to bake in the oven until ready to eat. You can even prepare this meal in advance, freeze it, and serve it later when your family is in the mood for it.
The Ingredients You Will Need to Make the Taco Macaroni Casserole
If you want to give the Large Family Taco Macaroni Casserole a try, you should make sure to have these ingredients ready before you begin preparing the meal:
- Ground Beef. Use two pounds of ground beef for this recipe. You can choose the fat percentage that you would typically use when preparing homemade tacos.
- Taco Seasoning. Grab two packages of your favorite taco seasoning to use to add flavor to your beef.
- Elbow Macaroni Noodles. Cook the elbow macaroni noodles as directed on the package. You will need one box for this recipe.
- Black Beans. Drain and rinse the black beans before including them in this casserole dish.
- Corn. Open a can of corn and drain it before adding it in with the black beans.
- Salsa. Use your favorite brand of salsa in this recipe to give your casserole that authentic taco taste.
- Shredded Fiesta Blend Cheese. Add plenty of the fiesta blend to your casserole to make it cheesy and delicious.
Other ingredients needed include water and sour cream. When you have your ingredients, you can start putting them together to create this delicious meal and add it to your weekly large family menu.
How to Properly Freeze the Taco Macaroni Casserole
After assembling the Taco Macaroni Casserole Freezer Meals recipe, you can cover it tightly with plastic wrap then a sheet of foil, and store it in your freezer. If you hold it in the freezer, you can keep it there for up to six months. Be prepared to let it defrost in your fridge overnight before putting it back in the oven to reheat it and serve it to your family following the directions below.
What to Add to Your Large Family Taco Macaroni Casserole
You can add some extras to your Large Family Taco Macaroni Casserole based on what you would typically put on your traditional tacos. You might want to include some diced tomatoes, queso, diced avocados, diced jalapenos, green onions, and even black olives. If you do not eat ground beef, you can substitute it with ground chicken or ground turkey.
We also have other taco recipe options like my low carb crustless taco pie if you are on a low carb diet, and my slow cooker taco tater tot casserole if you prefer to make something in the slow cooker. If you need both a slow cooker and low carb then try my slow cooker low carb beef taco casserole. I also have a taco bake freezer meal and, finally, a taco soup that’s low carb and keto!
Here are more recipes that freeze well!
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes For The Freezer
- Twice Baked Potatoes For The Freezer
- Ham and Cheese Potato Bake For The Freezer
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Shepherd’s Pie Freezer Meal Recipe
Large Family Taco Macaroni CasserolePrint
Combine the flavor of tacos with pasta when preparing this Large Family Taco Macaroni Casserole Freezer Meals recipe. It is a simple yet tasty dish that you can expect your family to enjoy!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes elbow macaroni noodles, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 5 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain the grease well.
Add the taco seasoning and water to the ground beef in the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
In a very large bowl, combine the ground beef, cooked noodles, black beans, corn, salsa, sour cream, and 2 cups of the cheese. Combine and mix thoroughly.
Divide the mixture evenly between the two casserole dishes. (ADD INFO → at this point pans can be wrapped and frozen for later)
Cover each with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the casseroles and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Keywords: Taco Macaroni Casserole Freezer Meals
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, a list of pantry staple items, and more.