Make the perfect kid-approved treat with this Large Family Popcorn Cookies recipe. The recipe takes a unique twist on a classic cookie recipe that the entire family can enjoy as a dessert.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups popped popcorn, lightly crushed and packed
- 1 ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Note: ½ cup chopped nuts can be substituted for ½ cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
With a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
Fold in the popcorn and chocolate chips..
Using a medium cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough and drop onto the baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until the edges are set. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 7 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Large Family Popcorn Cookies