Crab or Tuna Casserole
Would you like to prepare a low carb meal containing fish instead of chicken or ground beef? If you are looking for something unique and tasty to serve your large family, this Big Family Low Carb Crab or Tuna Casserole is an excellent choice. It contains flavorful ingredients to provide you with a cheesy, wholesome meal while still maintaining a Keto diet, THM-S dish, or low carb meal, without all the extra carbs. Whether you choose to use canned crab or canned tuna, you will love the flavor of this easy dish.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Casserole
If you’d like to give this Big Family Low Carb Crab or Tuna Casserole a try, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- Onion. Chop your onion into small pieces before adding it to the casserole.
- Celery Stalks. Grab about four celery stalks and chop them into pieces with your onions.
- Crab Meat. Be sure to drain your crab meat or tuna. Enjoy crab? Try my seafood casserole!
- Mayo. Add flavor and moisture to the casserole with a bit of mayo.
- Mozzarella Cheese. The shredded mozzarella cheese makes this casserole taste even better.
- Cream Cheese. Enhance the flavor and texture of the dish with cream cheese.
The other ingredients you will need to have include salt, pepper, butter, egg, paprika powder, and parmesan cheese, and sliced almonds.
Do I Have to Use Sliced Almonds?
You do not have to add the sliced almonds to the casserole if you do not like them. However, the almonds add a bit of a crunch that goes great with the rest of the ingredients you will use in this dish. If you do like almonds, slice them down and place them on top of your casserole to create the perfect texture. You might also like my Almond Poppyseed Tea Muffins if you enjoy the taste of almonds.
Should I Use Crab or Tuna?
You can use either of these canned seafood options. If you are a crab lover, it is a good idea to use canned crab that you will drain before mixing it in with the rest of your casserole ingredients. If you prefer something with a slightly fishier taste, you can use tuna. If you already have tuna in your pantry, you can use it and then make this casserole again at a later time with the canned crabmeat to see how it tastes.
Which Type of Mayo Should I Use?
Use your favorite brand of mayo. You can use traditional or light mayo, depending on what you have in the refrigerator. If you prefer Miracle Whip over mayo, it is fine to use it, but it will likely leave the casserole tasting a tad bit sweeter.
Do You Have Other Low Carb or Keto Recipes?
You also don’t want to miss these amazing Large Family Low Carb Meals to Feed a Crowd (Budget Friendly, too!). This post has over 65 low carb meal ideas including low carb recipes made with beef, chicken, soup, slow cooker recipes, and low carb instant pot recipes. You also might enjoy the LOW CARB Large Family Freezer Meals Pack 7 and LOW CARB Large Family Freezer Meals Pack 8 to FILL YOUR FREEZER with amazing low carb freezer meals!!
More Low-Carb Meals for Your Large Family!
- Large Family Low Carb Cheesy Ham and Cauliflower Casserole
- Low Carb King Ranch Casserole
- Low Carb Turkey Tetrazzini
- Low Carb Spicy Garlic Chicken and Broccoli
- Large Family Ham and Gruyere Crustless Quiche
- Low Carb Five Guys Cheeseburger Casserole
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
Make a satisfying low-carb meal with this delicious Big Family Low Carb Crab or Tuna Casserole. Use your favorite seafood to make this dish even tastier.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 8 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 8 (6 ounce) cans crab meat, unsweetened, drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons paprika powder
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a saucepan or small skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onions and celery in butter until softened, about 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and seasonings until the eggs and cream cheese are well blended.
To the mixing bowl, add the vegetables, crab, and parmesan cheese.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Top the casserole with the mozzarella cheese and the sliced almonds.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the eggs are completely set in the middle.
Allow the casserole to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: Big Family Low Carb Crab or Tuna Casserole
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.