Roasted Potato and Leek Soup
Want to make a meal that will comfort you, leave you full, and not take too long to make? You should try this Large Family Roasted Potato and Leek Soup. You’re going to have plenty of delicious soup available for everyone in the family to eat for lunch or dinner. If you love soup, give this recipe a try. It’s a lot better than any canned soup you’ve ever had.
What You’ll Need to Make the Roasted Potato and Leek Soup
If you want to make the Large Family Roasted Potato and Leek Soup, you’re going to need these ingredients:
- Potatoes. Make sure you have at least three large potatoes for this creamy soup.
- Leeks. Wash your leeks and remove the dark parts before you use them.
- Yellow Onion. Dice your yellow onion into pieces.
- Light Cream. Give this soup a creamier consister by adding light cream as a key ingredient.
- Minced Garlic. Use fresh garlic cloves and mince the garlic into pieces to enhance the flavor of the soup.
Besides these ingredients, you’ll also need salt, pepper, chives, vegetable broth, and butter. You can add a bit of cayenne pepper to the soup if you’d like to make it a bit spicy.
Which potatoes do I need to use?
You know I usually just use what I have on hand. I like to grab things on a good deal and make good use of them. So I would say use whatever you have on hand. You might even try sweet potatoes if that’s what you have. Make sure you’re using six large potatoes no matter what to have plenty of potato pieces in this creamy and flavorful soup.
Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Butter will give this soup an even greater taste. It goes with potatoes, leeks, cream, and various other ingredients. If you only have margarine, you can use it, but it’s better to use butter when preparing the Large Family Roasted Potato and Leek Soup.
Do I need to use fresh chives for this soup?
You can use fresh chives or dried chives, whichever you have available or prefer. While fresh is always good, it’s fine to use dried chives in the soup recipe.
Which toppings taste best with this soup?
Some of the best toppings to add to the soup include shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled pieces of bacon. If you don’t feel like cooking bacon to crumble it and add it to the soup, you can always use bacon bits on top of the soup with the cheese. Some people like to add diced jalapenos on top to give it a bit of a kick. If you like spicy foods, you might want to try it!
What can I serve with the Roasted Potato and Leek Soup?
You can serve the Roasted Potato and Leek Soup with a side of fresh-baked bread. The crispy coating of the bread tastes even better when dipped into the soup. You might also want to serve this soup with a fresh salad.
Here are more large family recipes to make!
- Spinach and Cheese Strata
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Healthy and Easy Mini Pot Pies
- Black Bean Nachos
- Loaded Hummus Bowls
- Black Bean and Beef Quesadillas
- Low Carb Sausage and Pepperoni Casserole
- Low Carb Creamy Pork
Large Family Roasted Potato and Leek SoupPrint
This French comfort food is super simple and is sure to become a staple for those cold winter evenings.
- 6 large leeks – washed and remove roots and dark green parts
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into about 1 inch pieces
- 2 yellow onion, diced
- 9 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and leeks. Cook all for about 5 minutes until softened
- Add in salt, pepper, potatoes and cayenne. Stir together and cover pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until potatoes begin to soften.
- Add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Using either an immersion blender or blender. Blend soup mixture until smooth and creamy and return to pot.
- Return pureed soup to the pot, reduce heat to low and whisk in cream. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Top with chives, cheese or bacon and serve.
Keywords: Large Family Roasted Potato and Leek Soup
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.